Monitor stops after side 1 of a tape

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

subs.ddl@rogers.com

Post by subs.ddl@rogers.com »

Each time I record a cassette tape the monitor stops after side 1.

Here is what I am doing:

Step 1) Start SIA
Step 2) Record a cassette
Step 3) Start Cassete deck
Step 4) Start recording in SIA; monitor is checked and sound plays while recording
Step 5) Side 1 finishes
Step 6) clieck on pause in SIA
Step 7) flip tape
Step 8) Start tape side 2
Step 9) SIA records and shows volume and levels but no sound in monitor even though monitor is checked.

What's happening?

Just wanna hear side 2 !!!
:?:
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
This is most unusual without you doing something different in between.

Actually; about an hour ago, I noticed that I had no sound out of my left speaker while transcribing a tape. A coinsidence. I found that my left RCA need a firm shove. But to loose sound from both channels, different.

I would suggest that to start, you exit SIA and try to play both sides of the tape, just a sample. You should hear sound from both channels.

Next, it could be a memory problem. Shut down all your stuff that loads in Startup. Once that is done. Do a sample of both sides of your tape. Make sure that you have enough memory; 550 is not enough.

If no go on side B, get back. Someone else might have a good solution.
So you have RCA's first; then test; unload startup stuff; then test.

Hope that this helps

Don
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Try skipping the "click pause" part. There is no need, SIA will remove silence that gets recorded when you move to the preview and edit screen.
subs.ddl@rogers.com

Post by subs.ddl@rogers.com »

Clicking pause appears to be the issue. Nothing to do with RCA's or memomery or setting.

I skipped this step and the monitor kept playing.

You might want to investigate this further.

Regards,
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's difficult for us to investigate the problem, since we can't duplicate it here. What do you have selected in the Audio settings as your playback device?

Are you using version 2.5 build 46?

Greg
valligator77

Re: Monitor stops after side 1 of a tape

Post by valligator77 »

I’m having the same problem. When side one of an LP is done recording, I click “pause” and turn the record over. The software keeps telling me to “put the needle on the record.” It’s ON THE RECORD! Why have a pause function if it doesn’t work. The suggestion to not use the pause button and let the software remove the silence may work, but it is a bug that should be corrected.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Monitor stops after side 1 of a tape

Post by Acoustica Greg »

valligator77 wrote:I’m having the same problem. When side one of an LP is done recording, I click “pause” and turn the record over. The software keeps telling me to “put the needle on the record.” It’s ON THE RECORD! Why have a pause function if it doesn’t work. The suggestion to not use the pause button and let the software remove the silence may work, but it is a bug that should be corrected.
Hi,

It sounds like you're experiencing a different problem. You're not losing the ability to hear the recording, in your case, the software is unable to detect the audio signal for recording after you pause. Is that correct? There's a difference, because it's possible to be able to record without hearing what you're recording.

Are you using version 2.5 build 46? What do you have selected as your recording device?

Greg