how to assign transport buttons to the M-Audio Axiom 25 ?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ukulele2009

how to assign transport buttons to the M-Audio Axiom 25 ?

Post by Ukulele2009 »

Hi there,

i`ve just purchased an M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard.
How can I assign the transport control buttons to the buttons in Mixcraft ?
The enigma software of M-Audio doesn`t have presets for Mixcraft.
Your help, as usual, is greatly appreciated :D

best regards
uku

p.s.: the Axiom is recognized by Mixcraft and I can play the instrument patches without problems. My question referes just to the controller knobs and especially to the transport buttons !
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft currently doesn't support that for its transport controls. Maybe Mixcraft 6?

Some VSTi plugins will work with your MIDI controller's knobs and such.

Greg
Ukulele2009

Post by Ukulele2009 »

thank you verry much for your fast answer.
Sad that it won`t work.
Probably I will send the Axiom back, cause without this function it`s to expensive for an simple Masterkeyboard and I guess to wait for MC6 at this moment .... :wink:
But it will be verry usefull enhancement to Mixcraft

best regards

uku

p.s.: a simple patch or something ain`t an option ?
OzRob

Post by OzRob »

Bumping this as a feature request. I bought some software and they chucked in a Korg Nanokontrol. It has rotary knobs, sliders, buttons and transport buttons. Would be great to be able to use this with Mixcraft to control the Master Panel, track volume, track mute and so on.

Are you guys planning on adding CCM and PCM abilities?
miken

Post by miken »

[quote="Ukulele2009"]Probably I will send the Axiom back, cause without this function it`s to expensive for an simple Masterkeyboard and I guess to wait for MC6 at this moment .... :wink:
quote]

don't give up on m-audio keyboard though - if where you purchased will do this, see if they will exchange for one of the Oxygen models (and refund any difference?) - worth a try?
punkonjunk

Post by punkonjunk »

Omega Bump.
I was trying to figure out how to assign some of this stuff for mixcraft 5 with my M-Audio Keystation Pro 88. This thing has 59 knobs, sliders, buttons and such, and I'd really, REALLY like to use a lot of my mastering controls there. Rather than fiddle with assigning them to vst's and i's I'd really rather be able to integrate them into mixcraft and sort 'em from there. I'm big on the simple, ozone is overwhelming.

I'd really love to see some support for this soon, between my keystation and my o2, I'd love to get some use outta these knobs and sliders and lil' buttons. Especially if you guys put together a way to assign samples to them, this thing would be set to do everything I need.
omg noise rawk
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

This will most likely be a Mixcraft 6 thing, which means it's probably a next year thing.
OzRob

Post by OzRob »

punkonjunk wrote:Especially if you guys put together a way to assign samples to them, this thing would be set to do everything I need.
That's a great idea. I second it. I'd love a way to trigger samples.
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

I'd really appreciate if you had a "Generic" setting when you did that.
I have the Korg D3200 and the Keyrig 25, neither of which show up in menus but both will work in "Generic" with Cubase.
Sungodv

Post by Sungodv »

Sonar and Samplitude can learn any controller and movements can be assigned to just about anything. It doesn't have to be hardware specific.
And put in MIDI multi outs in the request bin as well.... 8)
Core2 Quad Desktop & XP Pro - Samplitude 11 & Pro X, SONAR 8.5 Producer & Mixcraft 5 for VST's / VSTi's. Toneport UX2 USB Interface. Audio Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Loads of basses, guitars & keyboards.

My Music:

www.soundclick.com/sungod