Mixcraft 5.2 is now available!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Acoustica Greg

Mixcraft 5.2 is now available!

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Mixcraft 5.2 build 151 has been released!

This is a free update for registered users of Mixcraft 5.xx and you can just install it right over the old version. There are lots of fixes, including a fix for drifting that occurred when mixing down from a higher sample rate to a lower one, a fix for the noise that sometimes occurred when pressing stop after low latency recording, and a fix for a Windows XP blue screen crash with plugins that use iLok.

For a complete list of fixes, see Mixcraft's version history page.
Last edited by Acoustica Greg on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
bsheen

Post by bsheen »

I think there are a couple more things that could be added that wouldn't change things much.

To record just hit "R" instead of "cntrl R". easier for us guitar players, not fumbling with the pick in one hand while trying to get our other back around the neck.

When you hit stop(spce bar) have it go back to the previous spot. Makes it easy for punching in..... Not that I do that.....! I play it solid in one take....."P" for pause could work as a function to stop in the current location......?

Otherwise many cudos to the new MV5!!!!!
JustOneOldMan

Post by JustOneOldMan »

Nice. Thanks Greg, Dan, and team...
G.Love

Post by G.Love »

Is there anywhere to download the full version of 5.1 build 139 (94mb). Not just the installer. Thanx, G :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

G.Love wrote:Is there anywhere to download the full version of 5.1 build 139 (94mb). Not just the installer. Thanx, G :)
If you're a registered user, the download link is in your registration email.

Otherwise, check out this Acoustica FAQ entry.
TOOBOB

midi control of gsnap in 5.1

Post by TOOBOB »

i see 5.1 has the gsnap pitch correction plugin. i was going to get 5.0 and add gsnap myself, but i found out that mixcraft 5.0 does not support one of gsnap's most useful features: pitch correction control by a prerecorded midi track. this enables a vocal track to be "tuned" to the exact notes of the midi track.

5.0 only supports live midi keyboard control which is nowhere near as accurate.

does 5.1 support control of gsnap via a prerecorded midi track?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, Mixcraft 5.1 doesn't support controlling virtual instruments or effects with MIDI. That's a feature that may show up in a future update.

For product update news, find us on Facebook or sign up for the Acoustica Newsletter.

Greg
MetalAaron

Updated version of Mixcraft!

Post by MetalAaron »

This DAW is so legit. I've literally used just about every other popular program out there and although I enjoy their qualities very much, I always stick to Mixcraft! I deleted every other program and am faithful to Mixcraft like it's my girlfriend. Haha!

Acoustica, you rule.

What do you guys have going on next?

Looking into any Amp simulators?
\m/ (o)-(o) \m/
()
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

You got G Snap!
I tried downloading that a while back and failed.
Great!
sueannlaib

Post by sueannlaib »

Wow, this site is great, thanks for sharing your knowledge here about the Mixcraft. Two thumbs up.
Ianpb

Amazon selling pirated software?

Post by Ianpb »

I came across Amazon selling Mixcraft (link below) and quite a few of the buyers were complaining about the dubious quality of the packaging. I noticed that it doesn't mention version number either. So if this is not kosher, maybe you should look into getting Amazon to take it down.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acoustica-Inc-M ... cr_pr_pb_i
wretched_aaron

Re: Amazon selling pirated software?

Post by wretched_aaron »

Ianpb wrote:I came across Amazon selling Mixcraft (link below) and quite a few of the buyers were complaining about the dubious quality of the packaging. I noticed that it doesn't mention version number either. So if this is not kosher, maybe you should look into getting Amazon to take it down.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acoustica-Inc-M ... cr_pr_pb_i
I got mine from (US) Amazon. It was fine for me...
Clabon

Questions

Post by Clabon »

Hi
I currently use a free trial version of a previous version of Mixcraft. Yeah, I'm cheap like that.
I'm thinking of buying Mixcraft 5 (this is the version with send tracks and stuff, right?), want to know a couple of things.
1. Will it be able to play and export projects from previous Mixcraft versions?
2. Is it more stable? (Mine is a bit shaky and jumps occasionally.)
3. Can it use the plug-ins included in previous Mixcraft versions as well as the new ones?
Cheers,
Tom
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Why don't you just download the free trial version and see for yourself?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes you can open MX4 projects in MX5, Mixcraft is not unstable. If you are experiencing jittery playback it is caused by your CPU not being able to keep up with everything at once. Close all other running programs, including those in your system tray. Also use MSCONFIG to stop programs from starting when you boot the pc.
Yes MX5 can use just about any vst effect.