HELP WITH RECORDING PLEASE!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ironexplorer

HELP WITH RECORDING PLEASE!

Post by ironexplorer »

hey im new and recorded a few times but the hard way and im just dnoe iwht it. ok, say i record a drum beat, and i want to record over that with my guitar. i want to be able to hear the drum beat while im recording my guitar but not record the drum beat. can someone help me fast pleaseee!!

yeah about this other girls problem with the same situation and you solved it, i just dont understand how look... problem, the thing is i dont understand what your saying i went and hit record and just my 3 sources.. usb audio CODEC, real tec AC97 and default wave device.. any help?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There's a sound card setting and a Source setting. Choosing a different sound card setting should give you different source settings to choose from. How is your guitar audio routed into the computer?

Which sound card and source setting are you currently using?

Do you have Mixcraft 2.51 build 55?

Greg
ironexplorer

nope

Post by ironexplorer »

no i dont have it but would love to know how to not record the drums when im recording my guitar on a second track! thanks, what are the steps?

well i have mix craft 2.51... dows the build matter? and im using usb audio CODEC...
ironexplorer

Post by ironexplorer »

hey again, i got the build can you tell me the next steps please? i really appreciate you guys doing this for me! thanks a lot this program rocks!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When you click the red recording button in Mixcraft, what do you have selected for the sound card setting? What do you have selected for the source setting?

How are you getting the guitar audio into your computer?

Greg
ironexplorer

Post by ironexplorer »

ok the sound card i am using is USB Audio CODEC and the source is the same...and im using my ALESIS mixer to usb into the computer to record...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Open up the Windows Control Panel, then "Sounds and Audio Devices," and select the Audio tab. For the Playback setting, choose your computer's sound card, rather than choosing "USB Audio Codec." Now see if you can record without getting the other track in there. Let us know how it goes.

Greg
ironexplorer

Post by ironexplorer »

hey thanks alooott, the ting is i got a step closer and i put on the line in in mixcraft...but now it wont record...
ironexplorer

Post by ironexplorer »

HOLY SHIT! THANKS A LOOOOT! I GOT IT FULLY NOW!YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!@!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You're welcome! I picked that tidbit up from Alexis' own FAQ. There's a PDF on setting up MultiMix USB.

Greg