Exporting sequences from Beatcraft into Mixcraft

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Beatnick

Exporting sequences from Beatcraft into Mixcraft

Post by Beatnick »

I just bought Beatcraft and Mixcraft 5 and I have a question that needs answering.
Once you create a complete beat sequence for a whole song in Beatcraft, how do you export that sequence into Mixcraft. I don't even know if it can be done. There's nothing in the manual on it. Hence, my second question. If it can't be done, what good is Beatcraft. I need to be able to use both Beatcraft and Mixcraft in-tandem.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

In Beatcraft, click on the File menu and select the option to render the sequence. Make a note of the folder where you save the resulting audio file. In Mixcraft right-click on an audio track, select "Add Sound" and load up the beat.

Greg
Beatnick

Post by Beatnick »

Thanks so much Greg! You just made my life a lot easier.
MixedUp

Post by MixedUp »

I've just started using beatcraft with mixcraft, both great programs but would like more integration and being able to render different sounds to different tracks from BC to different tracks in MC or even midi...still...

It has occurred to me that Beatcraft could be used as quite a powerful loop creation tool. Individual patterns can be rendered or short sequences made and imported to MC and strung together as individual loops...re-arranged and moved about as an arrangement takes shape.

Still, BC is a very intuitive program really and far more powerful than a lot of stand alone hardware drum machines I've used, with tiny monochrome LCD screens, which it emulates. In particular the ability to piece together song sequences in the graphical interface.

I suspect there are methods of working with it I have yet to discover and ways to combine it with Mixcraft's capabilities or any DAW's
dhiser21

Post by dhiser21 »

Here 's what I do.

I do the whole song in BEATCRAFT but don't render it as one file. After I get all od the sequences set up the way I want, I SOLO each drum and SAVE THEM SEPERATLEY (naming them, kick, snare, toms, cymbals, etc)

Keep track of the folder you save them to.

Open MIXCRAFT and then drag and drop each drum track individually into different tracks within MIXCRAFT. (Just MAKE CERTAIN that they all start at the VERY BEGINNING of the track so they all line up correctly)

You know have you whole kit as separate drums loaded in MIXCRAFT so you can add effects or whatever to the individual drum parts as you need.

Hope this helps...

Dave
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Good technique Dave!
Another thing you can do (this is what I did on the cd I used Beatcraft for), create the whole song in BC, render the sequence, import into Mixcraft. If something needs tweaking, open BC and change it, render sequece again, pull newly rendered wave into Mixcraft in place of the old one.
dhiser21

Post by dhiser21 »

Thanks Eric.

As you well know there are ALWAYS tweaks to be made. I go back to BeatCraft, make the change, render the drum or whatever I changed, then copy that file back into MixCraft.

The whole secret is STARTING THE TRACK AT THE VERY BEGINNING so that everything lines up. When every thing is completed you can then delete silence or count ins at the beginning.

If you do it before the song is finished it is virtually impossible to get a new track to line up correctly.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

That's true, I guess I assumed people would start at zero rather than trying to line things up a few seconds into a project.
ultrapoker

Post by ultrapoker »

dhiser21 wrote:Here 's what I do.

I do the whole song in BEATCRAFT but don't render it as one file. After I get all od the sequences set up the way I want, I SOLO each drum and SAVE THEM SEPERATLEY (naming them, kick, snare, toms, cymbals, etc)

Keep track of the folder you save them to.

Open MIXCRAFT and then drag and drop each drum track individually into different tracks within MIXCRAFT. (Just MAKE CERTAIN that they all start at the VERY BEGINNING of the track so they all line up correctly)

You know have you whole kit as separate drums loaded in MIXCRAFT so you can add effects or whatever to the individual drum parts as you need.

Hope this helps...

Dave
Here's a video on how to do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b19tmDeUGZg
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Nice!
ultrapoker

Re: re

Post by ultrapoker »

Acoustica Eric wrote:Nice!
It would be great if Beatcraft had a command to do this automatically. "Render Sequence In Seperate Tracks". Would save tons of time.