seperate simultaneous tracks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Keith

seperate simultaneous tracks

Post by Keith »

:lol: This program looks just great. Is it possible at all to simulataneously record 4 seperate tracks (ie: vocal, guitar, drums,bass)
so that each one can then be editied, or do you have to lay down each track seperately in order to be able to edit it?

Thanks! Keith
bvalentine

Post by bvalentine »

Is it possible at all to simulataneously record 4 seperate tracks (ie: vocal, guitar, drums,bass)

Yes and No.

No- You answered your own question: you have to lay down each track seperately in order to be able to edit it? Exactley.

Yes- buy a $99 mixer from Guitar Center and record all sources on one Mixcraft track.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Or skip the mixer and wait for Mixcraft 3 which will allow you to record multiple tracks simultaniously. Just get a sound card like the M-Audio Delta 101LT
victorguillen

Eric, Will we be able to use a Firewire Mixer?

Post by victorguillen »

I'm anxiously waiting for Acoustica 3, specially the ability to record multiple tracks at the same time.

My question is: will the user be able to use a Phonic Firewire Mixer? This type of mixer allows to stream several tracks simultaneously, wich will be perfect for mixcraft.

This will be a good improvement in the case of recording Drums. I will be able to have every mic in a different track
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I am not familiar with that type of audio input device, but if it is meant to be used as a multi-input sound card, only connected with firewire, it will probably work just fine.
If you can connect it now, open Mixcraft and see the input choices from the unit, then I am quite sure MC3 will handle it as well.
jpmusic

Re: re

Post by jpmusic »

Acoustica Eric wrote:Or skip the mixer and wait for Mixcraft 3 which will allow you to record multiple tracks simultaniously. Just get a sound card like the M-Audio Delta 101LT
When's it expected for release?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're busy working on Mixcraft 3.0. We're hoping to have it ready in the first part of next year.

Greg