Load Sound File

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

madrona

Load Sound File

Post by madrona »

My 1st attempt to record CD locked up. I had used Created a Sound File option before the recording, so have my edits saved.

To try again I select Load Sound File, but all I can select is one of the 10 tracks. How do you select all the tracks that were saved?
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
SIA makes 2 sets of sound files when it does the digitizing process. One is the whole original string [the top music bar in the editing screen]; the other is the file where you separated the songs [They are all saved listed as "SIA plus a bunch of letters and numbers", with the largest file being the one you want].
If you Deleted them both [or all], then you are done and have to start again. If you saved the files, the file that is much bigger can be run through "Load A Music File' and resplit into the different songs. If you can't find the file, do a computer search for "SIA". the end of the right file will have the right date and time at the end of the string.

I hope that you understand what I have written; If not, get back.

Don
madrona

Post by madrona »

I did not delete anything. SIA froze up when trying to burn CD. I had saved the files with "Create Audio Files". It has the 10 tracks, but it appears the SIA only allows you to import on track. How do you get all 10 tracks?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

You cannot load more than one audio file at a time.
When you record with SIA it records a single large wave file, which you then tell the software how to split it, etc when it creates multiple audio files or a cd at the final step.
If that single wave file is still in your recording directory, you can load that. The recording directory is not the same as the directory your files are output to. The recording folder is usually called "My Recordings" and is located in your documents folder.
madrona

Post by madrona »

OK, I found the single wave file. They are labeled Spin It Again - Cassette or vinyl - date - then number.

I believe they are they because I said NO when asked if I wanted to delete the temporary file.

Is there a way to save this file with a name, and without forcing it to save by quitting the program?

I would like to save this file so that if SIA does lock up on the burn, I have a place to start over from.
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
Right Click on the file and then "Click' on edit and change the name to what you want. Many of us do so as a rule.

Don
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When you make a recording in Spin It Again, two files with the same name are created -- the wave file that contains the audio and also a smaller .sia file that contains any changes you made, like track splits and track names. If you rename the wave file, be sure to give the .sia file the exact same name so that your changes will be there when you load the wave file in Spin It Again.

Greg