SIA not recognizing sound card as a source

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

jerrylking

SIA not recognizing sound card as a source

Post by jerrylking »

I am running Windows 7 Professional on an Acer Aspire 5740 laptop. My problem is that SIA does not recognize my internal Realtek soundcard as a source. It only recognizes the microphone input. So, when I attempt to record music from whatever source that is playing through my speakers, all I get is the garbled microphone pick-up. I did not have this problem on my old Inspiron 9300, running Windows XP.

Any suggestions?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

What you are looking for is "stereo mix" or "what you hear", unfortunately a lot of soundcard manufacturers do not include the option to record what you are hearing. This cuts down on people recording youtube video's, etc and saving them as mp3's.
One thing you can try is right clicking the small speaker icon by your clock and choose "recording devices". When the device window pops up, right click inside it and choose "show disabled devices", if it then shows any recording devices that are disabled, right click on them to enable them.
Then start SIA again and see what options you have.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What are you trying to record, exactly? If you're looking for "stereo mix," check out this Spin It Again FAQ entry:

I have Windows 7 or Windows Vista and cannot find recording source options I used to have in XP

Greg
jerrylking

Post by jerrylking »

Thank you Greg and Eric! Your suggestion fixed the problem.