WIll Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer work with Windows 7?

Support and feedback for Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Nights

WIll Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer work with Windows 7?

Post by Nights »

To all,
I am getting a PC with Windows 7 soon, but I would like to know if Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer will work with it. Please let me know if anyone can confirm this as being a compatibility issue or not.

Thanks,
Nights
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes it works on windows 7, however you will get an error when you click "open mixer". You have to open windows mixer manually by either going to control panel, or right clicking the little speaker icon by your clock.
Lahawk

Post by Lahawk »

No it does NOT work in Windows 7 64
I tried many tips, and workarounds, but I can not record directly from sound card

When I click on the Adjust Recording Levels, I receive the error message
"There was a problem launching Windows Mixer. Use Add/ Remove"

In my computer / recording devices, Stero Mix is the default recording device. However I am unable to select Stero Mix in Acoustica ...it's an endless error message with "adjust recording levels" button and I have tried many workarounds, and I have ran out of ideas.

I am a long time paid customer of Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer
I am now using
Windows 7 64
Acoustica MP3 Mixer
HP Laptop
Stereo Mix enabled default
Realtek High Definetion Audio /w Latest windows driver

Never a problem with XP, and very dissapointed that I cannot record with Windows 7 64. BTW...The 'help' mp3 mixer also does not work in Windows 7

Acoustica mp3 mix needs a complete new update for Windows 7 users...it IS what many of us paid customers are using, and it should work without the user needing to spend hours trying to figure oout how to get it to record directly from the computer. FIX THE "ADJUST RECORDING LEVELS" for windows 7 users PLEASE!!!
Larry
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I am running the program on windows 7 x64 right now as I type, yes it does work.
The error you are getting is the error I explained in my first reply, I used the wrong button label though, so yes if you click "adjust recording levels" you will get the message that the software was unable to open windows mixer, that's ok just open it manually by going to control panel or opening it from the icon in your system tray.
The software will record from whatever source you choose there.
All sound cards are different, you may need to play with the settings in windows mixer in order to get sound into recording programs.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Additionally, go into the program preferences and set the playback and recording devices to your specific sound card, don't use "default wave device".
When you hit record, the program will record, you just won't see any indicators light up. This is also caused by the software being unable to access windows mixer.
Lahawk

Post by Lahawk »

Actually, in my previous post, I indicated that I spent hours trying to setup Acoustica MP3 Mixer in Windows 7 64....this included trying all kinds of scenarios in the Mixer without any luck. I was unable to record directly from the computer sound card to Acoustica, and the annoying "adjust recording levels error message" remained. Very Frustrating

However I have found a solution, on my own, that worked for me running Windows 7 64

After downloading Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer, and before running the setup:

1. Right click on Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.exe
2. Choose Properties
3. Choose Compatibility
4. Click Run This Program in Compatibility Mode
5. Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
6. Click OK, then click on Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.exe
to start setup

After Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer installs, I can now record, but I still receive the the annoying "adjust recording levels error message", but at least I can now go into the computer Mixer, to adjust the levels for Acoustica Audio Mixer as suggested by Acoustica Eric.

Tip...if you have Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer currently installed on your Windows 7 64, and it does not record, completely un-install (Free Revo Uninstaller) the program first, before following my recommended 6 steps above.

...now if I can just figure out how to correct that error message, as Acoustica has decided not to make this software compatible with Windows 7 64, and will not correct this problem. I know this, because of an email from them, saying it's old, and and Mixcraft has now replaced Audio Mixer. When I originally purchased Audio Mixer, it was a lifetime purchase...I suppose the lifetime is up...for who?

Good Luck
Larry
Larry
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I realize it is frustrating, but the license you purchased is a lifetime license. Microsoft changed the way the windows mixer is accessed when they released Vista, the change stayed with Windows 7. Mp3 Audio Mixer is still a useful application for small jobs, but Mixcraft is the powerhouse DAW and editor.

You don't have to run the installer in compatibility mode, but if that was part of your fix then that's great for you.
After reading your original post, I downloaded and installed the software on a brand new gateway with windows 7 x64 ultimate. Installed normally and then set the options in windows sound mixer and within mp3 audio mixer preferences. It workes without issue other than not being able to open windows mixer from within the software.
Lahawk

Post by Lahawk »

Who knows...I heard rumors that some PC manufacturers have a built in system that will not allow for audio streaming recording. HP and Sony being two. Not sure about that.

In any case, I did not have the sucess you had with your Gateway with my HP Windows 7 64 laptop, until I went the XP compatablity route

Honestly, I'm not making it up :D Whatever works Right?

In any case thanks for your help. I'll check out Mixcraft...I may even be registered with v4. and never used it

Larry
Larry
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes microsoft and some sound card manufacturers stopped putting in "stereo mix" as a recording source because people were recording internet streams. It was not a hit with users needless to say. After a few years of complaining, some sound card manufacturers are ow putting it back in. My computer that I did this test on, is only a week old and does have a "stereo mix" option for reording.
Updating your sound card driver might give you the option as well.