Meter Changes

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

FFBlue3973

Meter Changes

Post by FFBlue3973 »

Hey, I have not actually purchased Beatcraft yet, although I do own Mixcraft. I was planning on learning to play set this summer, but then I realized that there was no way I would be able to learn fast enough to be able to play what I needed for some projects I'm working on, so I decided to find a drum machine instead. I'm just looking around a bit before I decide on which to get. As of right now, from videos I've watched of the interface for Beatcraft and the possible sounds, it looks and sounds good. However, a big question I haven't been able to find an answer to:

A.) Is it possible to create asymmetrical meters in Beatcraft (7/8, 5/4, 11/8, etc.). And kind of connected to that;

B.) Can you change meters? Trying to create a feel of missing a beat in a multi-measure phrase (3 measures of 4/4 followed by a measure of 3/4, so the last measure feels chopped. Maybe would be easier to just have a 15/4 meter? That sounds a little absurd, I realize...) Or really any meter changes, it would be a mild pain to have to start a new project for each section that is in a different meter within a whole song.

I hope that made some semblance of sense. Thanks!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes you can use 7/8, 5/4 etc. You just create a patter with 5 beats per measure at a 4/4 tempo or whatever tempo you want to use.

You can use tempo flags to change tempo mid sequence, and you can change "meters" by simply placing two different patterns next to each other in the sequencer window.