No sound for some (most) Virtual Instruments...

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jocoly

No sound for some (most) Virtual Instruments...

Post by jocoly »

For most of the instruments on MixCraft 5, when I try to make a virtual instrument track, no sound will play. The sound appears to be loaded, because it works when I use the 'Musical Typing' keyboard. how can I fix it? (I've already tried reinstalling and all of the sounds used to work.)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you trying to use a MIDI controller keyboard? If so, which one do you have? How is it connected to your computer? Do you have Mixcraft 5.2 build 152?

Greg
clavguy

Re: No sound for some (most) Virtual Instruments...

Post by clavguy »

jocoly wrote:For most of the instruments on MixCraft 5, when I try to make a virtual instrument track, no sound will play. The sound appears to be loaded, because it works when I use the 'Musical Typing' keyboard. how can I fix it? (I've already tried reinstalling and all of the sounds used to work.)
Wow... this seems to be a recurring issue lately.. I had something similar

Pierre
jocoly

Post by jocoly »

I am not currently using a MIDI controller, although I'm looking to purchase one soon. Also, I just found out that it is actually playing, it is just at a very low volume for most instruments.
jocoly

Post by jocoly »

Also, I don't know if I am using build 152 so I will reinstall to see.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can choose "Change Instrument," then click "Show Details" and finally change the volume level from 100% to 200%.

Some virtual instruments will seem louder than others. If 200% isn't loud enough, you could lower the volume of whatever other sound you're comparing it to.

Greg

P.S. You could also increase the velocity setting for that instrument.
jocoly

Post by jocoly »

So I just got back on to try to fix it. The Track volume is at 200%, along with the song volume and the Velocity on and off is at max. Wow... I was going to complain about none of it working, then I realized I forgot to hit "Ok" on the Velocity settings. My eardrums just exploded. Thanks! :-)