Changing sound file "pointers"?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

The Geez

Changing sound file "pointers"?

Post by The Geez »

Is there an easier way to redirect Mixcraft to a project's soundfiles that have been relocated to another drive or folder?
Maybe in one of the Mixcraft project files where a simple "search and replace" could be made?

I've recently moved all my sound files to a new harddrive and it's not a pleasant task to browse to the new location from Mixcraft to reset it's pointer especially if there are several "snippets" of a file used in a project and each one has to be reconfigured to the new location.

Hope you can help . . . THANKS in advance!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, we don't have any special way to handle this, you have to just search for the missing sounds. We've had requests for something like this, so it could show up in a future update. In the meantime, if you're going to be moving projects around a lot, get in the habit of putting all the sounds and the project file in the same folder for easy transfer.

Greg
The Geez

Post by The Geez »

:wink:
The Geez

Post by The Geez »

Acoustica Greg wrote:. . . In the meantime, if you're going to be moving projects around a lot, get in the habit of putting all the sounds and the project file in the same folder for easy transfer.
That is a handy suggestion.
But, after having to move sound files en mass to another drive or folder, it doesn't solve the tedious task of having to browse to the exact location of the relocated sound file for each instance that it's used in a project.

Having the ability to simply reset a search "start" point to a new working Drive:/Folder would be helpful in letting Mixcraft find the files automatically.

But this is just a very minor "flaw" in an otherwise extraordinary software.
A big "THANKS!" for the great work the Acoustica team has done.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Good suggestion.
Billkruse

Post by Billkruse »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

No, we don't have any special way to handle this, you have to just search for the missing sounds. We've had requests for something like this, so it could show up in a future update. In the meantime, if you're going to be moving projects around a lot, get in the habit of putting all the sounds and the project file in the same folder for easy transfer.

Greg
I'm starting to think, then, that before I send a Mixcraft project off to any third-party for mixing, I'd need to do this before sending it away. Then it could all be sent as one large zip file. Does this make sense to people? I wish, I wish, I'd realised this before because I have a great deal of relocating to do now!

BB