Mixcraft 6, new Virtual Instruments!

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Sprittles

Mixcraft 6, new Virtual Instruments!

Post by Sprittles »

I have been composing using ONLY mixcraft for a few years now. I have to say, that is is the best consumer priced for high quality orchestrated instruments on the market.

Yet, some instruments really do need an upgrade. Most of the strings are just brilliant, but it would be nice to have more versions. No more synth, more that sound real.

The Brass needs a BIG UPGRADE, The "Full Orchestra" sound is pretty good, but we need a bigger variety of brass that sounds more realistic. The ones in the "Acoustic brass" section sound very, very fake.

I'm not bashing, since I can't hardly way for Mixcraft 6, its just that I hope there is more build into the virtual instrument catagory, and more "Orchestra, strings, and brass" upgrades.

If Mixcraft came out with a "VST" pack for Composers it would be very great. Not many composers use this, for they still think its only audio editing, so making it more towards creating vst music would greatly encourage composers to buy the program.

Anyway, if you want to listen to how hard I pushed the program to its best for virtual orchestrated instruments, you can listen to my music here. (Notice it gets better over the years. My 4 original songs are,

One Eternal Dream, Stalemate, Some Animals Theme, and Saving the Sunset.

The rest are Video game remixes using orchestration.

You can listen here, http://sprittles.newgrounds.com/audio/
Jellycrackers

Post by Jellycrackers »

If it's free/well priced orchestral sounds you want, I highly recommend downloading Sonatina Symphony Orchestra or DSK Overture. They are amazing starter tools for their price... which is free.

Or you could do like I did and destroy your wallet for the beauty of EWQL Symphonic Orchestra (even the silver version, which is what I have).

Although it would be pretty darn cool if Mixcraft took the route of Logic and came with an orchestral composition template and its very own library.
packhorse

Post by packhorse »

Jellycrackers wrote:If it's free/well priced orchestral sounds you want, I highly recommend downloading Sonatina Symphony Orchestra or DSK Overture. They are amazing starter tools for their price... which is free.

Or you could do like I did and destroy your wallet for the beauty of EWQL Symphonic Orchestra (even the silver version, which is what I have).

Although it would be pretty darn cool if Mixcraft took the route of Logic and came with an orchestral composition template and its very own library.
Hi,

Which of the two free ones would you say is best?

Thanks

Glynn
packhorse

Re: Mixcraft 6, new Virtual Instruments!

Post by packhorse »

Sprittles wrote:I have been composing using ONLY mixcraft for a few years now. I have to say, that is is the best consumer priced for high quality orchestrated instruments on the market.

Yet, some instruments really do need an upgrade. Most of the strings are just brilliant, but it would be nice to have more versions. No more synth, more that sound real.

The Brass needs a BIG UPGRADE, The "Full Orchestra" sound is pretty good, but we need a bigger variety of brass that sounds more realistic. The ones in the "Acoustic brass" section sound very, very fake.

I'm not bashing, since I can't hardly way for Mixcraft 6, its just that I hope there is more build into the virtual instrument catagory, and more "Orchestra, strings, and brass" upgrades.

Hi,

I have visited your site and listened to your music - very good, well done. Can I ask where you get the video backgrounds from. I am looking for videos/background for my music on Youtube,

Thanks

Glynn

If Mixcraft came out with a "VST" pack for Composers it would be very great. Not many composers use this, for they still think its only audio editing, so making it more towards creating vst music would greatly encourage composers to buy the program.

Anyway, if you want to listen to how hard I pushed the program to its best for virtual orchestrated instruments, you can listen to my music here. (Notice it gets better over the years. My 4 original songs are,

Sprittles

Post by Sprittles »

Sonatina Symphony Orchestra does not appear to use DLL files. So I can't even load them in Mixcraft...
Jellycrackers

Post by Jellycrackers »

I'd say Sonatina has better quality sounds. But you should get them both regardless, because they're free and I'd rather have sounds I don't need then not have sounds I DO need.

And Sprittles, they use .sfz files, so you just need a player for them. Cakewalk's SFZ player is perfect. http://www.cakewalk.com/Download/sfz.aspx
Arpeggio

Re: Mixcraft 6, new Virtual Instruments!

Post by Arpeggio »

Sprittles wrote:I have been composing using ONLY mixcraft for a few years now. I have to say, that is is the best consumer priced for high quality orchestrated instruments on the market.

Yes you are perfectly right. This is exactly what I would need.
"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." -- J.S. Bach
http://soundcloud.com/arpeggio-2/