Arpegiattors and MIDI "modifiers" - can they work

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jrdr

Arpegiattors and MIDI "modifiers" - can they work

Post by jrdr »

Excuse me I'm repeating my question but I've put it in some other topic and still haven't got any answer or tips while it's really crucial for the music I make ;)

Is there a possibility to use in Mixcraft 5 the VSTi-s that don't produce sound on its own, but rather work on MIDI data to send it modified to the "proper" VST instruments?
I mean the things like arpeggiators, chorders etc. I've checked a number of arrangements in Mixcraft, but none of them actually worked.
Maybe someone can recommend some good arp plugin that is proven to work well in Mixcraft and say how to set it up?

Thanks a lot!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, Mixcraft 5 doesn't allow you to redirect the output of a virtual instrument to another virtual instrument.

Some of the virtual synths included with Mixcraft (MinimogueVA, Messiah) have their own arpeggiators, however.

Greg
jrdr

Post by jrdr »

OK, so now it's clear.

Thank you!

BTW, let me suggest it as another improvement in next Mixcraft version ;)
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hi there,

Do you have a particular MIDI modifier VST that you're looking to use? That would help us develop the feature.

Thanks,
Dan
jrdr

Post by jrdr »

Hi,

Well, I mainly tried to work with arpeggiators - the plugins like arp4midi, catanya vst demo and kirnu (arto vaarala).
chibear

Post by chibear »

I'd like to add my vote here too! I've already used the arpeggiators included in Mixcraft 5 Pro. The results are OK, BUT What would be great is if could import or affect a the harp sound (for instance) into an arpeggiator, OR acoustic bass with a sequencer.