How long?

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

electra225

How long?

Post by electra225 »

How long can SIA record on one file? For example, I usually find it easier to process when I record 12 tracks or so in one file. With records and cassette tapes, this works fine. I am now starting to work with 7" open reel tapes, which are much longer in recorded time. Most of these tapes will have to be broken up four or five times to process 12 tracks at a time. Will SIA record one whole side (1 1/2 hours, approx) as one track that I can easily process, or should I continue to break the tape up into several files? Everything I have tried so far has worked far better than I imagined was possible. I even found the "magic" graphic equalizer in SIA the other day. Was that thing ever cool!!!! Thanks...........GREG
Don Hall

Post by Don Hall »

Hi
I have 40 songs on one file. It is too much in a way because it is hard to divide into songs as the songs get smaller. I have set myself a limit of 28 to 30.

Don
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Spin It Again does not have a recording length limit, your hard drive space is the determining factor. On the recording screen you'll see the recording time left and hard drive space, like this:
electra225

Post by electra225 »

That is basically the trouble I have had. Too small waveform to process. Especially with tape, where the track markers may have to be changed. I think I will stay with 12 to 14 tracks and not mess with progress. Your experience doing 28-30 tracks would not work for me. My eyes are not good enough, I guess. Thanks, guys for your input...........GREG
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

If your recorded wave form is too low you should turn up the input level from the recording screen. Click the level wizard button and turn the level up manually.
The wave form should look like this: