Pan function - not so effectfull

Support and feedback for Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Jens J├©dal

Pan function - not so effectfull

Post by Jens J├©dal »

I would like to use the pan function, but it has not got much effect. I would like to be able to set all sound in one side and turn it over to the other side - ore something like it anyway. Am I able to do that? Can any one help? :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you using MP3 Audio Mixer 2.471? Send us a short sample of the sound that you can't pan. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the sound.

Greg
Jens J├©dal

Post by Jens J├©dal »

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, Greg. I am new user at this site, so I don't know how to ad something to this mail - but I can describe it. :D

I can make pans with the different sounds - but the effect is not so big. I would like to be able to send ALL sound in one side - and let it pan to the other side. And I have not been able to do that, even though I am setting the points of panning to the top and the buttom of the line of the sound.

I have tried with both mono and stereo sounds.

The Mixer is 2.471.

Thanks for your help. :)

Jens.
Jens J├©dal

Post by Jens J├©dal »

Sorry, you wrote a link. I am trying to put a short sample in there. :)

Jens.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

We received your mp3 samples, we'll go from there.
Jens J├©dal

Post by Jens J├©dal »

Thank you. I got a directly answer - and the problem is in the computer, not in the program:

In some way the computer is set, so it plays any sound less split in stereo, than it realy is. It is not in mono - but it is less stereo, than if I make a CD and play the same sound/music there.

Now the problem just is how I change this on the computer. But I suppose this is not the right place to ask for that? Or?

Thank you any way. :)

Jens.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Update the sound card driver by downloading the latest from it's manufacturers web site. Then make sure you have a stereo cable plugged in from the computer to the speakers.
Also, you might try a new cable anyway even if the current one is stereo, a bad cable can cross grounding points and cause bleed from left to right and vice versa.