Suggestions for Electric Guitar Amp effects plugin

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bob53050

Suggestions for Electric Guitar Amp effects plugin

Post by bob53050 »

Hello All,

We went through the Shred Amp effects but are looking for something with interesting presets but not major distortion.

Thanks for any advice,

Bob Hanson
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Try the Marshall JCM900 plugin. You can download it as part of a small suite of effects at the link below and install it seperately.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/465.html

I saw this free plugin recommended in a forum and was pleasantly surprised. It has a basic interface, like the Acoustica plugins, but I've found it to be the most realistic sounding so far. I really think that Acoustica should consider including it with Mixcraft.

I'm not particularly keen on guitar distortion/overdrive amp plugins anyway, the reason being that they fail to compress properly in order to get realistic sustain and harmonics, and sound somewhat mechanical and choppy. That's why I'm about to build a hybrid silicon-germanium transistor fuzz unit. It's the only way to make it sound authentic.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

You can simply turn down the gain on any preset within shred to get less distortion, also use any effect in conjunction with it to customize the sound how you want it.