Trying all options

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

jazzman1222

Trying all options

Post by jazzman1222 »

Greetings,

I just bought Pianissimo, I do like the piano sound, BUT...

I am having a lot of problems with Latency and Pops, cracks, etc.

My interface is M-Audio Transit USB.

I am running Win 7 64 bit. Processor is>AMD Dual Core C50. HD 5400 rpm. I have 8 GB of ram. I have turned off wi fii, anti virus, etc. I have defraged the HD.

After all this, I get horrible cracks and pops using both Wave RT and ASIO. If I play 1 note, its fine. However, If I play chords, or use the sustain pedal, it just turns into a crackel fest.

since I'm using win 7, should I be using ASIO or Wave RT?

Pulling my hair out, can someone help me?

Thanks so much!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

If the ASIO driver came with the m-audio device you should be using that. GO to m-audio's web site and see if there is an updated driver download for it. Once that is installed, go into the asio interface (m-audio software) and adjust the samples, I think that is what works with latency, which is most likely what is causing the crackling.
See our video on how to optimize your computer, it deals with latency and crackling. Even though the video is for Mixcraft, it's the same idea for Pianissimo.
Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga_3NVTo1N4
jazzman1222

Post by jazzman1222 »

Hi Eric,

Thank you SO much for the fast reply! I bought my M audio interface, and I have had some issues, so I have tried contacting their Tech support by email and phone for 3 weeks.......zilch, nada, zero. So it's nice to deal with a company that get's back to you when you need it!

I will try all the things you mentioned in the video. I'm sure at this point it is my HD, it's 5,400 rpm. Would you recommend a Solid state drive??

thanks again !
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I have personally (as of this writing) never tried a solid state drive. If you simply get a 7200 rpm drive I am sure that will be fine. It may not be the ONLY cause of the issues though. Crackling and noise is usually associated with latency settings and sound card drivers. Did you grab the latest driver from m-audio's web site?
StarryKnight

Re: Trying all options

Post by StarryKnight »

I had the same issue.I raised the latency setting on both the software and the interface and the static disappeared.
Dance like nobody's watching.Love like its your first love. Live like there's no tomorrow.