First Impressions

This forum is for use by the beta testing team. Team members can use it to discuss testing issues and help squash those elusive bugs.

NOTE: this forum is for beta software only. This is not a support forum for released software.

Moderator: Acoustica Eric

botface

First Impressions

Post by botface »

* Sorry, this should have gone into the "Welcome beta Testers" Poll thread *

I like the new look. But I agree with Mattox - in fact I mentioned a few things in a separate email where the new look is spoilt by the sudden appearance of a standard Windows box: but maybe you don't have any control over these.

My other immediate impression is that it's suddenly become a lot more complex. This isn't necessarily a negative statment. I know that it is directly due to all the additional features. But I rarely use MIDI and most of my recording is of single instruments via a mic or DX box. So, I see a lot more buttons an icons cluttering up the place that I don't actually need. Having said that the loop record and punch in will be very handy
surfercook

Post by surfercook »

I use midi ALOT...and coming from REAPER and SampPro11 the new ver of MixC is kinda stripped down compared to them. But I am enjoying the new interface. It has much more pleasant graphics than previous versions.
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

I know this may be a bit early in the Beta test but I would like to know about control surface support. I'm currently using a ZOOM R16 which serves as a control surface, interface, and multi-track recorder. Has anyone tried to utilize a control surface yet? If so, how did it seem to work?
Mattox

Post by Mattox »

Haven't tried mapping my A300 Pro yet, but I'll give it a go this weekend and report my results.
Studio 919

Re: First Impressions

Post by Studio 919 »

Has anyone tried Mixcraft 6 with a ZOOM R16? If so, how did it do?
No matter where you go, there you are.