Themes/Skins? possible?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

logix7

Themes/Skins? possible?

Post by logix7 »

Hi Folks.

Are there any themes/skins available for mixcraft, or are there any plans to introduce this option in future versions etc

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We might have alternate skins for Mixcraft at some point in the future, but we don't have any now.

For product update news, click "Like" on Mixcraft's Facebook page or sign up for the Acoustica Newsletter.

Greg
logix7

Post by logix7 »

Hi Greg,

That's great news! be nice to be able to personlise and theme etc, though I know it's better to put the work into the actual engine iso to speak..

I already "liked" on fb:)

Another potential idea which may of been suggested already or in process and not sure this is the appropiate place for it, but maybe an enhancment to the vst browser as when you have a lot of vst plugins etc, there is quite a bit of scrolling to do etc..

M
Gonzo

Re: Themes/Skins? possible?

Post by Gonzo »

From 2011...
Acoustica Greg wrote:We might have alternate skins for Mixcraft at some point in the future
... are we ready now ? :mrgreen:
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Is there actually a practical point in having various skins? The concept always seemed to me to be just a superfluous distraction.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

+1 Ian.
Sounds like something for a game or toy to me.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
packhorse

Post by packhorse »

Hi,

I am all for alternate skins. Yes please! :D

Glynn
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

I would suggest that the childish practice of alternative skins may cause confusion when giving advice about Mixcraft, especially when using visual illustrations.
chibear

Post by chibear »

I'd like a skin with fewer wrinkles and better tonification, please :mrgreen:
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

A man after my own heart! :D

... some hair would be nice too...
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 32 gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite Solo; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Ianpb wrote:Is there actually a practical point in having various skins? The concept always seemed to me to be just a superfluous distraction.
well, some people are constantly requesting a change to the current mixcraft theme, to make it darker, more grayscale, etc.

theming would make this easier for people who don't exactly like the current interface color scheme.
clavguy

Post by clavguy »

trevlyns wrote:A man after my own heart! :D

... some hair would be nice too...
Nice Trev... I bet everyone in the Acoustica Old Fart group would agree with you and Clyde

Cheers
Pierre
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Anorax wrote:
Ianpb wrote:Is there actually a practical point in having various skins? The concept always seemed to me to be just a superfluous distraction.
well, some people are constantly requesting a change to the current mixcraft theme, to make it darker, more grayscale, etc.

theming would make this easier for people who don't exactly like the current interface color scheme.
They're worrying about the wrong thing. It's time-consuming enough dealing with the music production to be distracted by something so cosmetic. If they were assembling a quality studio would they really be worrying about what the hardware looks like? There's no 'skin' choices there. Mixcraft 6 has neutral grey tones so what more is needed? I'd rather the Acoustica people used their time to address performance and development issues than waste it on such nonsense. That's why I'm not going to bother with this thread any more.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

[quote="Ianpb"]They're worrying about the wrong thing. It's time-consuming enough dealing with the music production to be distracted by something so cosmetic. If they were assembling a quality studio would they really be worrying about what the hardware looks like? There's no 'skin' choices there. Mixcraft 6 has neutral grey tones so what more is needed? I'd rather the Acoustica people used their time to address performance and development issues than waste it on such nonsense. That's why I'm not going to bother with this thread any more.[/quote]
Alright, I'll bite.
If you're building a custom, "quality" studio, and hardware A - which is an absolute necessity in your studio - has three separate, interchangable hardware covers. Are you telling me you wouldn't, not for one iota of a second, even consider switching out the device covers?
I'll play another card, this one centered around audio software development, specifically that of VSTs. Which would you rather buy, a vst built with a simple, barebones GUI with stock knob images and no background, or a more asthetically pleasing vst with a flashy, attractive gui that doesn't detract from the functionality or, even worse, distract the user? Or, even better, there's a third vst that has multiple GUI design options, none of which are distracting or detracting from functionality? To clarify, each of these hypothetical VSTs are identical under the hood.
My question is, which VST would you acquire, seeing as they are all the same on the DSP side?