Transferring music to a new computer and iTunes compatible

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

musicman1

Transferring music to a new computer and iTunes compatible

Post by musicman1 »

I recently purchased a new computer and want to transfer my old acoustica music files over. Do I have to buy a new version of acoustica mp3 cd burner? How do I transfer my existing music files? Also, if I want to download my music to my iPod Nano mp3 player, does the newer version of acoustica do this? Is it compatible with iTunes? Thanks!
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Transferring music to a new computer and iTunes compatib

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Hi, you do not have to repurchase the software. Just download from here http://www.acoustica.com/downloading.asp?p=4
There's no automatic transfer to ipods, etc. You can just copy/paste to your device or use whatever function the device contains for importing/exporting audio files.

To move all your playlists and audio files to the new computer would be quite difficult because in order for the playlists to remain valid, every single audio file would have to be put in the exact same folder it was in on the previous computer.

Example: If a playlist contains a reference to a song on your computer like this c:\users\joe\desktop\song01.mp3
It would probably be in a different folder when you transfer to your new one, making the playlist entry invalid.