Is Beatcraft compatible with Ez Drummer?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Dave1968

Is Beatcraft compatible with Ez Drummer?

Post by Dave1968 »

Hi!

I've done a search on here and as far as i can understand the answer is no? I have to wait to upgrade to Mixcraft 6 in spring?

I like the look of Beatcraft. Is there a listed library of kits you get once purchased?

I like all kinds of kits from Roland TR909, TB303 and Rogers kits for rock. Will I need to purchase further add-ons?? Can I use a vst library on my pc to talk with Beatcraft??

Any help would be a blessing. Using a laptop even with a mouse on Mixcraft 5 and Ez Drummer is not a happy event.

Thanks!
Dave1968

Re: Is Beatcraft compatible with Ez Drummer?

Post by Dave1968 »

Anyone??

Nobody using Beatcraft??
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I can't really say that Beatcraft is compatible with EZDrummer. You can use any drum sound files with Beatcraft that are in the following formats: Wave, WMA, MP3 or Ogg, but you can't really share drum kits or projects or whatever. Beatcraft is not MIDI based. Basically, you create beats in Beatcraft and then then render them to one of those audio formats for use in another program.

We have a few extra drum packs for Beatcraft here: More Drums!

Here's how to make your own custom drum kits in Beatcraft:

1) In Beatcraft, click on the File menu and select New Project.
2) On the "Project Properties" screen, choose "<No Kit>" for the "Choose a drum kit to use" setting.
3) Drag the drums you want into your new kit from the Sample Library.
4) When you've got your new kit the way you want it, drag the new drum kit to the Kit Library.
5) If your new kit doesn't fit into any of the existing drum kit group categories, you can create a new group by right-clicking on one of the existing groups (for example: "Rock") and selecting "New Group..." Give it a name and save it and you can then drag your new kit into the new group.

If you haven't already done so, you can download Beatcraft and give it a try.

Greg
Dave1968

Post by Dave1968 »

Thanks Greg! I have since read the zipped docs I had previously overlooked. I have now bought and downloaded the program.

I watched a useful video to import Beatcraft to Mixcraft. I like the idea of this guys utilising each drum track as a wav file and using Mixcraft to 'polish' off panning or adding effects. However I will experiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b19tmDeUGZg

Possibly I can use the drums imported from Beatcraft and replace with EZ Drummer files!? Dunno yet, not had time to try.

A shame Beatcraft isn't already the foundation for Mixcraft. I get you need to make a living. As the rest of most other DAWs add-ons are the companies bread and butter. Its not mega-expensive, I should've looked into it deeper when i purchased Mixcraft 5.

Thanks for your reply!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 6 will have drum maps, which might make it easier for you to use MIDI drums in Mixcraft.

Greg
Dave1968

Post by Dave1968 »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Mixcraft 6 will have drum maps, which might make it easier for you to use MIDI drums in Mixcraft.

Greg
Greg, i have just bought Beatcraft, please don't tell me this... dammit!! :x

Its all good.. :)

I'm back on your mailing list. Looking forward to your revisions!
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Could we please clarify this, what are drum maps and if one were say, contemplating an upgrade to MC 6 and/or pro, how would this effect ones decision on purchasing beatcraft at this time?
Thanks
Mark
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Mixcraft drum maps have nothing to do with beatcraft. Beatcraft is a stand alone drum machine product, it creates audio files. It is not a plugin, it does not support midi.

Mixcraft 6 will have more midi drum sounds than version 5 did, and it will include drum maps for popular programs like ezdrummer. A drum map sets up the piano roll in mixcraft to reflect the virtual instrument you are using., like this.

Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Thanks for the reply Eric!
Sorry for the newb questions but it really helps get us old geezers thru the learning curve!

Mark
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

No problem, a "noob" is a good thing, it means we pulled in another great customer :-)