Mixcraft 6

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

sunjose

Mixcraft 6

Post by sunjose »

Hi,

First of all let me Thank You from the bottom of my heart for this wonderful software you guys have developed. It is a shame that I didn't know about Mixcraft until November 2011. My Music career which I was not keen on working towards to due to cost involved in setting up a decent home recording setup is now back in track. Thanks to your software which is 100 times worth the money spend.

I have been using Mixcraft 5.2 for 3 months now and I can't wait for Mixcraft 6 to be released. I would really appreciate if you can answer my questions below:
1. I have been hearing about Mixcraft 6 release in March 2012. Are we in a state to confirm the date? Can I assume that both Mixcraft 6 and Mixcraft 6 Pro will be released in March 2012?
2. Currently I am using a Laptop with 2MB RAM which works fine for Mixcraft 5. I am planning to buy a new laptop (with additional RAM and and a better processor) purely to accomodate Mixcraft 6 Pro. Can I use the same license key provided back in November 2011 to install the software in the new machine?
3. I am planning to upgrade my current Mixcraft 5 version to Mixcraft 6 Pro. Is there a direct upgrade available from Mixcraft 5 to Mixcraft 6 Pro? Can you please let me know what the estimated cost would be?

Thanks in advance Mixcraft Team!!!

SJ
Sunil Joseph
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 6

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Let me see if I can answer your questions:

1. We're still shooting for March, but it all depends on how testing goes. We never want to release the software until we're satisfied with the way it is working. Mixcraft 6 will be released first, with Mixcraft Pro Studio 6 following after.
2. It will cost around $20 to upgrade to the downloadable version of Mixcraft 6.
3. The price to upgrade from Mixcraft 5 to Mixcraft 6 Pro hasn't been set yet.

Greg
sunjose

Post by sunjose »

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your response. From your response I assume that I can install Mixcraft on both my laptops using the same license before I dispose my old laptop. Please let me know if my understanding is correct. Thanks in advance.

SJ
Sunil Joseph
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, you may install and register Mixcraft on both of your own computers.

Greg
lejazzaffair

Post by lejazzaffair »

I have a similar question. I have been running Mixcraft 4.5 since 2008 and was wondering if I should upgrade now to 5.2 or wait for 6. The 5.2 upgrade is around 20 and was wondering if the 6 upgrade would be free since it is already Feb?

Thanks

Sal
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The upgrade price from Mixcraft 5 to Mixcraft 6 will be around $20. The Mixcraft 4 to Mixcraft 6 upgrade price hasn't been set yet.

For product update news, click "Like" on Mixcraft's Facebook page or sign up for the Acoustica Newsletter.

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

More questions :roll:
Back ground, I am using/learning MC, using MC 5.3 currently. It has been my introduction to loops, which is the last thing I expected to use it for. But already the library is feeling a little limiting, so the library expansion of the pro version, combined with some additional mastering plug-ins make the upgrade attractive.
My first question: Is there a description of the additional library files anywhere? All I found was a comment that there were over 3000 files. The files I am interested in are country/blues/rock, and possibly bluegrass/americana and I would be interested in finding out if the upgrade is generous in this area or more of the hip hop/club/electronica stuff I dont want?
Second question: Its not a main attraction, but knowing the upgrade included The Pianissimo product was a bonus, but somewhere someone mentioned they felt it played "out of tune" and lacking somehow. What can anyone add to this or is it just one persons malcontent?

Beyond that, a big thanks to all for their work and efforts, cool stuff!
Mark
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I found the thread answering the Pianissimo question, so delete that part!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We haven't released a list of the new loops in Mixcraft 6. They haven't been finalized yet. I don't believe there will be a lot of new country/bluegrass loops.

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Thank you for the reply Greg.
Is there anywhere that gives some information on the additional loops in the MC5 pro version as compared to the standard MC5? (I should have been more specific, I know MC6 is still in beta/unreleased status.)
Thanks again,
Mark
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There are no extra loops in Mixcraft Pro Studio 5. With that package, you get three virtual instruments (including Pianissimo) and four effects. Go to the Mixcraft Pro Studio 5 product page to see some videos and hear some audio examples.

Click the "Check for new loops" option in your Mixcraft 5 library to make sure you've got all the current loops.

Greg
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Ok, my misunderstanding.
So waiting for MC6 then......
Thanks as always Greg!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
sunjose

Post by sunjose »

Hi Greg,

Can we expect additional virtual instruments in Mixcraft6 ? I was wondering if we would be having more orchestra sounds? Thanks in advance.

SJ
Sunil Joseph
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There will not be any new orchestral virtual instruments included with Mixcraft 6, but there will be some new virtual instruments. Stay tuned!

Greg
chibear

Post by chibear »

Hi, it's probably too late to include this in Mixcraft 6, but sometime in the future would you please consider allowing us to edit the ASDR on all the Acoustica instruments, especially the orchestral instruments. Thanks!
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube