what format to burn with

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

grepo

what format to burn with

Post by grepo »

I have burnt a cassette tape to CD-R but it will only play on my PC with WMP not on my older styleCD player tryed using ,ogg,wav,mp3 formats no luck which do I use to play in car &older type players
Acoustica Greg

Re: what format to burn with

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Spin It Again can only burn standard audio CDs. If these aren't playing in players outside your computer, you can try burning at a lower burn speed.

One major cause of this problem is CD-RW discs. A lot of CD players just can't play CD-RW discs, so if you are using those, try switching to CD-R discs. You can also just try a different brand of CD-R disc.

Greg
grepo

Post by grepo »

reply to greg
if you read my first post Iam burnning with CD-R "NOT" CD-RW I have also tryed 3{three}different brands&its costing me. any other advice on what I/m doin wrong?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try it on some different CD players outside your computer.

If you create MP3 file and burn them using another program, does the same thing happen?

Some older CD players just don't like to play homemade CDs.

Greg
grepo

Post by grepo »

have used SIA before to burn tapes to CD-R after alot of trial&error eventually cracked it &some of them I could play in my old CD player but they were 'music' tapes.the tape I/m trying to convert to CD now&playin my CDplayer is a verbal comedy sketch it should/nt matter BUT?.when u said to make a MP3 file it only plays on my PC (which I/vedone)&try burning with another programe. whatprograme???
thanks
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You can burn standard audio CDs using free programs like Windows Media Player and iTunes.

Greg