Mixcraft 6 upgrade procedure?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

zardak

Mixcraft 6 upgrade procedure?

Post by zardak »

Guys, if i buy and download the full version of Mixcraft 5 Studio Pro, but then i end up getting a new computer, can the current activation code re-activate a fresh download of Mixcraft on the other computer, and how will the free upgrade to 6 work, will it also activate that. Please "explain in detail" so i know once and for all, as i am confused about the whole thing, otherwise i am forced to have to wait until i get my new computer and mixcraft 6 is released before i buy. thanx.
JonInc

Re: Mixcraft 6 upgrade procedure?

Post by JonInc »

As far as changing computers, you shouldn't worry as there's nothing stopping you from moving Mixcraft from one PC to another, even after the upgrade is released.

Now, unless I'm mistaken, only the standard Mixcraft is eligible for the free upgrade (meaning if you buy v5 now, you get v6 when it is released).

For MC Studio Pro, I believe I remember Dan saying there was an additional fee (I think it was $50), to go from v5 to v6.

In any case, if you can buy now, you certainly don't lose out on anything. :)
zardak

Post by zardak »

As you may or may not know, i am new to computers and i would have thought moving mixcraft and all associated files, projects, and third party contents would be a laborious, complicated, or tedious process. Any way, i guess you are right. Thanks for the info. I think I remember the version 6 upgrade being $20 as stated on the upgrade introduction video which clearly is good value so i have no problem with that.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

I found this recent post from Greg regarding upgrade prices:

http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtop ... =4&t=10011

So, you are right -- that it is $20 from MC Standard 5 to 6 (and $50 from v5 Standard to v6 Studio Pro).

What I don't see is the price from MC Studio Pro 5 to MC Studio Pro 6....

Greg (or anyone else there), has this price been determined yet?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It will cost $50 to upgrade from Mixcraft Pro Studio 5 to Mixcraft Pro Studio 6.

It will cost $100 to upgrade from Mixcraft 5 to Mixcraft Pro Studio 6.

it will cost $80 to upgrade from Mixcraft 6 to Mixcraft Pro Studio 6.

If you buy Mixcraft Pro Studio 5 now, you'll get a free Mixcraft 6 registration code emailed to you when it is officially released.

Greg
zardak

Post by zardak »

Cheers, sounds fair to me.

On a side note, after investigating all the DAW's it seems mixcraft is actually something of a cat among the pigeons, even though i have not ever heard of anyone mention mixcraft to me, its quite strange that people don't realise the good functionality and capability of mixcraft, i sincerely hope you guys will focus on quality not quantity, and is anyone able to tell me if the included sounds in mixcraft are compressed, because if they are i would like to strongly request that you don't allow that, i am adamant that all sounds used to make a track should be uncompressed always and everytime; any tracks made in mixcraft will have too many opportunities to be wrecked by subsequent compression after release...as you might have guessed, compression is my worst enemy.
Truth be said, 16bit CD quality was released 32 years ago and it has been way overdue for replacement by a new world standard...playback devices no longer have a problem with capacities like 8 and 16 gb's and drive space is no longer a problem with high density storage devices, and internet data is getting cheaper by the day, therefore i suggest that 24bit 48kz should be the new world standard with absolutely no compression ever...Just a thought. cheers.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I have a further question on upgrading, in my case I am eagerly awaiting the release of ver6 and am planning to go from ver5 standard to ver6 pro.

Will the upgrade install and replace my existing files, and will my existing collection of VST's and VSTi's and project files etc. be retained?

I would install the Ver6 demo, but am afraid I am running too short on HD space to load it along side my existing files.......
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

zardak, the loops in Mixcraft are compressed in Ogg Vorbis format. It would be impractical for us to offer a version of Mixcraft with 3000 or 6000 uncompressed loops* due to size considerations. We wouldn't be able to offer a downloadable version of Mixcraft with the loops, for one thing.

mbliss, Mixcraft 6 would install to a its own folder. It would load any third-party plugins and your project files just like Mixcraft 5 does.

Keep in mind that Mixcraft 6 can load Mixcraft 5 projects, but not the other way around.

Greg

*Mixcraft 5 has around 3000 loops and Mixcraft 6 has around 6000.
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

So how much to upgrade from Mixcraft 5 to Mixcraft 6?
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

Jim Lad wrote:So how much to upgrade from Mixcraft 5 to Mixcraft 6?
$20 (As mentioned in this very thread). :wink:
Jim Lad

Post by Jim Lad »

Thank you.
I read the thread but missed it.
trangler

Post by trangler »

Got my upgrade offer and it's not $20 for MC5 to MC6.

"This coupon will make Mixcraft 6 $40."

Oh, well. I would have gone for $20, but not 40. I'm happy with MC5 and don't use the loops or advanced features much anyway.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

trangler wrote:Got my upgrade offer and it's not $20 for MC5 to MC6.

"This coupon will make Mixcraft 6 $40."

Oh, well. I would have gone for $20, but not 40. I'm happy with MC5 and don't use the loops or advanced features much anyway.
Hi,

It sounds like you're looking at your Mixcraft 4 registration email instead of your Mixcraft 5 registration email. If you look at your Mixcraft 5 registration email, you'll find the other offer.

Greg
trangler

Post by trangler »

Greg,

You're absolutely correct. I was looking at the wrong email. It's $20! :D

Thanks!