DJ Twist and Burn, kinda works for me

Discuss the easiest dj mixing software on the planet. :) Well, we think it is..so there. :)

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric

Pastalaskan

DJ Twist and Burn, kinda works for me

Post by Pastalaskan »

I am looking for a CD Text writing program and it seems I found one.... heres what I am experienceing: the program dosen't automatically have a driver for my Matshita DVD-RAM UJ851S 1.50, the generic driver was input and I completed a successful burn I think???

The Audio CD will play on any player I have tried except one.... the unit that burned it!!! I can't read or play the CD in my computer. when using other installed software I get error message NO CD in DRIVE. The drive works fine with any other disc I put in --- DVD, CDa, CDmp3, DATA CD's, I have used the burner sucessfully with other burning software, they just dosen't have TEXT WRITING.

What do I need to do to see if this problem can be remedied?

Mark

PS: I have not registered yet, I am in the deciding phase for the next 7 days.

TIA

Well here we go again,, I again tried the newly burned CD and it now PLAYS! I am baffled here. But now I wonder does my burner support text, I know its not listed as such with Acoustica, but I do believe it does, based upon my research. Obviously there was no text input that I could read on the disc.

Again TIA

Mark
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

On my computer, CD-Text works in Goldenhawk generic mode. Of course, your drive would have to support CD-Text in order for it to work. Beyond that, not many software programs or CD players even support CD-Text. Are you sure you have something that can read CD-Text?

Greg
Pastalaskan

Post by Pastalaskan »

Greg, I am fairly sure. My research tells me the burner does support. I had a similar cd unit in another computer and I know for a fact it did because I came across a custom burned cd that had text and I was able to see it.. as I didn't have software to write text, when I made a copy of the disc the text was not there.

Thanks for the further information.

Mark
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do you have something that can display CD-Text, though? Most software programs and CD players can't display it. Windows Media Player doesn't display it, for example. My old car stereo displayed it, but my new one doesn't.

Greg
Pastalaskan

Post by Pastalaskan »

Greg,

Sorry I didn't make myself clear... the player was not able to extract the information as in mp3 tagging.. I was able to explore the .cd disc via windows explorer and rather than seeing the default player icon and track number, I was able to read, via text, the information about each recorded track. Additionally, this disc was not in cddb as it was a personal medley of music. I had no idea what was on the disc and was not connected to the Internet at the point when I discovered the information on the audio disc. It was this disc when copied by my copy software yeilded the standard default icon and track # when explored.

Unfortunately the disc I am referring to belongs to a past acquaintance from New Zealand, with whom I have lost touch. It was not his work (he's basically computer illiterate) and trying to make him understand would be difficult.

The software I am searching for should have the ability to burn an audio cd (.cda) where the track information is explorable.

I know this software is availabe. It's especially handy when compiling many different songs and artists.

Maybe someone familiar with what I am seeking?

Hope I didn't too carried away.

Again, thanks in advance.

Mark
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Are you sure that it wasn't an MP3 CD?

Greg
Pastalaskan

Post by Pastalaskan »

Greg,

The CD was an audio cd. The guy who brought it to the states played it in a normal audio cd non mp3 player, he had no idea what mp3 was at that time and most likely still doesn't know.

As I said previoulsy I made a direct copy using EasyCD Creator software, I still have that copy rest assured it is .cda. The text I was able to read on the original disc using Windows 98se Explorer was not on the my copy, just the original.

I am not sure but I think the guy in New Zealand who made the disc may have been, at minimum, a diehard hobbiest but I am inclined to recollect he was a professional DJ.

The time the cd was originally burned was somewhere about latter 2000.

Mark
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Generally, most discs don't have any CD-Text on them. It's entirely possible that that disc does, but Windows doesn't automatically read CD-Text and neither does Windows Media Player. What were you using to play the CD?

Greg
Pastalaskan

Post by Pastalaskan »

Greg,

Windows did not automatically read the text. I had to explore via right click on start and then go to the drive D: (on that specific computer) while the said audio cd was in the drive. At that point, rather than seeing the typical default player icon and track number, is when I was able to read the text.

The player I was using was MMJB 6. The text was NOT available to the player when the cd was played. I could have also used Media Player again the text was not available to the player when playing the cd.

I guess I am having a hard time understanding what part of the story I am leaving out. To me it was clear, instead of the audio disc looking like a typical audio disc whiling exploring it looked more like a data disc. This has nothing to do with the player or computer, it has to do with the method in which the cd was originally prepared.

Maybe text writing is not the term or answer to my question. I am looking for a burn program the will place the track information, ie: song name atrist, etc. on an audio cd, I am not concerned whether the information is available to the player just available when exploring the audio disc.

Mark
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Well, our software can potentially put CD-Text information on audio CDs. Have you tried it?

Greg