reverb carries over onto next track

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

CraigW

reverb carries over onto next track

Post by CraigW »

I was working on an old vinyl recording of a high school marching band, which sounded very flat and lifeless, like the microphones were under a box or in a different room. Then I created a new preset to use the SIA "compressor" preset and the "reverb/gymnasium". The new tracks sound much, much better. The only trouble is that the reverb carries over across the quiet spots between tracks so that the start of each of the new tracks has a little bit of sound from the previous track. Is there a way to eliminate this, like expanding the quiet time between tracks, or something else short of adjusting the reverb preset?

Do you have some help files someplace that go into detail about what all of the controls in the presets do? There seem to be a huge number of ways to vary them, but I'd like to read a short description of the controls rather than spending hours in trial-and-error to figure them out.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You could burn the CD in IMAPI mode, which automatically adds a two second gap between all songs. You can choose the IMAPI option in the Miscellaneous settings.

No, we don't really have any further info on what the various effects do. Here'sa page with some general explanations of audio effects.

Greg