How can i normalize the volume of all my musics?

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Ringmaster

Post by Ringmaster »

I am assuming the "Automatically boost songs", performs this function when CD's (or other created "Song Lists") are selected for adding to the Library; also, if I understand previous comments, the "Automatic Loudness Balancing" feature is only performed during "Playback", or "Writing CD's". Are my assumptions correct?

Considering the above statement, should I "Check" both the "Automatically boost songs" and "Automatic Loudness Balancing" as Preferences?

Does the "Automatically boost songs" introduce any distortion, when this action is performed?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The "Automatically Boost Songs" could possibly introduce distortion, so listen carefully to the songs that are boosted. What this feature is really doing is adding a compression effect to the audio. It can help songs that sound faint and distant to "come forward" and seem louder.

Automatic Loudness Balancing is only applied when playing the songs in your song list, or after they are burned, yes.

Whether you use both settings is up to you and it would depend on the quality of the songs you are working with. The two features could certainly work well together, just be sure to preview your song list before you burn so that you can make sure it sounds just the way you want it.

Greg
Ringmaster

Post by Ringmaster »

Greg,

I have selected "Automatic Loudness Balancing". If I understand it correctly, the Loudness is only Balanced at "Replay", or Burning CD's; I guess any "output" would be balanced, correct?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It should be balanced when you listen to it in the song list and when you burn it to a CD.

Greg