Suggestion: Numbered file names on Render To File?

Discuss the easiest dj mixing software on the planet. :) Well, we think it is..so there. :)

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric

tekhedd

Suggestion: Numbered file names on Render To File?

Post by tekhedd »

After I reinstalled windows XP again (ugh), I noticed that I could no longer burn to my DVD drive. I tried everything in the FAQ, but an resigned to simply waiting until it is supported. Becuase...I discovered the "render to huge file" feature.

I had previously ignored this feature because I like track names and seeking. But, it can render to multiple files, with crossfades and all that other good stuff. OH yes, I love this program!

One thing, I think it may be a bug: it doesn't number the tracks it generates. So...they get played out of order. Beat matching and crossfades sound pretty silly in the wrong order. :)

OK, that's not strictly true, it APPENDS the track number. Not much help though. Ideas?
tekhedd

Re: Suggestion: Numbered file names on Render To File?

Post by tekhedd »

tekhedd wrote:OK, that's not strictly true, it APPENDS the track number. Not much help though. Ideas?
A workaround is to use a tool like (the truly indispensible) mp3tag (mp3tag.de) to rename the files. Twist&Burn intelligently updates the "track index" in the mp3 tag field, so you can use Mp3tag's Convert/Tag to Filename feature, using a pattern like:

"$validate($num(%track%,2) - %artist% - %title%,_)"

Which renames the files such that they play in order. Enjoy!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Try this to get the burning working:

In DJ Twist and Burn, click on the File menu and select Preferences. In the General preferences, click on the Goldenhawk Override option. Make sure your CD burning drive is selected, then choose the "Use A Generic CD Writer Driver" option. Leave the settings at the default values. In the CD/DVD Burner preferences, turn off the "Use IMAPI..." option. Now see if you can burn a CD.

In regard to the track numbering of the rendered song filenames, thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
tekhedd

Post by tekhedd »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Try this to get the burning working:

In DJ Twist and Burn, click on the File menu and select Preferences. In the General preferences, click on the Goldenhawk Override option. Make sure your CD burning drive is selected, then choose the "Use A Generic CD Writer Driver" option. Leave the settings at the default values. In the CD/DVD Burner preferences, turn off the "Use IMAPI..." option. Now see if you can burn a CD.

In regard to the track numbering of the rendered song filenames, thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
Unfortunately, I already tried everything in the FAQ. My DVD does not show up in the selection list at all, or in other words is not recognized by the Goldenhawk engine. :( In fact, if I too-quickly click the "Generic DVD Burner" option before noticing, it takes a loong time for the program to respond, which I assume is the engine trying to connect to a default burner or something. :)

No worries. mp3's will do as a workaround for my mp3 player, if not for the car. Of course, with some company suing all of the big companies, I may need to get a portable OGG player now.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If you want to try to get it working, send your djtwist-log.txt file to support (at) acoustica (dot) com, along with a reminder of this discussion.

Greg