will there be a 64bit version?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tongsong

will there be a 64bit version?

Post by tongsong »

hi i m much interested in mixcraft, but i had been working with 64bit daw for a while now and most of my plugins r in 64 bit, also because of the larger memory allocation too, Thank You, All the best to Your company
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: will there be a 64bit version?

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Hello, yes we are planning a 64 bit version, but probably not until Mixcraft 7 comes out, which we have no ETA on since version 6 was just released.
Most plugin companies who provide 64 bit versions of their products, will also provide 32 bit versions, you could install both and use the 32 bit versions with Mixcraft 6.
chibear

Post by chibear »

in the same vein, is there any kind of 'wrapper' in the works for MC6 so that we can run VSTis as separate processes so we can access more RAM....or is there any testing going on with MixCraft and jBridge to access compatability? (Yes I've posted about this before, but lack the knowledge and courage to do the testing myself). The 4 gig limit is beginning to become an limiting issue for me.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Give jbridge a try. It works for some people. We haven't done any testing with it.

Greg