Time Warp

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

last$

Time Warp

Post by last$ »

I started using Mixcraft about a year ago on an old laptop. I found that when I recorded track one everything went fine. Recorded track two, everything seems fine during the recording. No effects added or anything, just two straight tracks recorded, one acoustic guitar and one electric guitar, both recorded straight thru my Mackie mixer into the line in on the sound card on the PC. When I do a playback, the two tracks are not time aligned. They start out together just fine. By the time I am a minute into it, the beats are not aligning. By the time it's 3 minutes into the song, the tracks are a full beat apart on timing! It's an old laptop with little memory so I gave up without much fight figuring it was the laptop causing the problem. So I just bought a new Dell laptop. 1.8 Mz, fast disk drives, 1 GB of memory. I loaded the 2.5.55 release last night and gave it a whirl. Same problem. I can't figure that out. Nothing else was running on the PC at the time. Any ideas?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What kind of soundcard do you have?

Try zoomnig all the way out before you record. That allows Mixcraft to avoid having to scroll its screen as you record.

Greg
last$

Time Warp

Post by last$ »

Thanks Greg. I tried that and also adjusted the buffer count down and that seemed to be OK on a quick test. I hope to spend some quality time with it this weekend. I'll update again after that.

I'll have to check on the sound card this weekend as well.