Spin It Again

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Jim Prater

Spin It Again

Post by Jim Prater »

Well I have been using the Program and when I record my music to Disc I here digital Clipping and Jumping on the track like you hear when you have a dirty disc. I also hear it when I have the edit screen open where the program splits the tracks. I am recording XM radio and other sound tracks from music sources. I use another program by Microsoft record the same thing on my laptop and it does not do this. I have looked in your BBS to see if others have the problem, 1 person but answer is a question not a follow up and fix. I am sure it is the software. The Music I record does not Skip Chirp or have digital Clipping when I listen to it while recording I am positive of that. I have also tried your Web site Customer service support and have not received a response, but my wife might have mistaken it for SPAM mail and deleted it. I have downloaded the latest version and it has also done the same thing. I would like to get this resolved because I really like the editing portion let me clip of stuff I don't want. I have played with the settings and have had no luck with it either.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I did respond to you on Dec. 20, but it was to a Hotmail.com address. I just sent my reply again to the email you've got in your profile and that other email.

I'm sending you a file that modifies your Windows registry to increase the buffers for Spin It Again. Here's that that file, called "SpinBufferXP.reg" contains:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Acoustica\SpinItAgain]
"recordingNumBuffers"=dword:00000010
"recordingBufferSize"=dword:00008000

If a person is comfortable editing the Windows registry, he or she could just make the changes with regedit, or create a plain text file with a filename that ends in ".reg", and then open that file to execute it. Windows will give you a dire warning about editing the registry.

Greg
Jim Prater

Downloaded The Fix But!

Post by Jim Prater »

Well I downloaded the Patch/Fix and Verified it was installed as per the numbers in the Registry, but still have the Clipping digital Skipping. I was not running anything I let it play record while I was Away not working on computer. I turned off all internet security software too. I am not comfortable making any changes myslelf in the registry so patches are good. I really appreciate your quick response. What else can I do now Acoustica Greg?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Send us a sample sound that illustrates the problem. Email it to support (at) acoustica (dot) com. Include a reminder of this thread.

Greg
Jim Prater

Sorry it Taken So Long

Post by Jim Prater »

Couple of things.
I reloaded my computer. Downloaded the Spin it Again program from Scratch. Still does the same thing.

I dont know how to send you a Music file I have never been able to do that. Sure its something I am doing? Can you please tell me the best way to do that? that was the last thing you recommended. I recorded a track from a Record but still has Clipping/skips in it not from it being scratched on the album. I would like to get this cleared up.

Forgot how to log into this page this is why I sent you the E-mail over the weekend. I have checked my Hotmail box but you don't show up there as sending a reply back looked in thes spam box Nothing there. So I figured it out how to get back in here. This time I wrote it down in my Book I keep track of things. Tough to remember everything passwords and Logins LOL Sorry about that.

Thanks ahead of time Greg.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I answered your email.

Greg
Jimprater

Sorry

Post by Jimprater »

Hotmail Hmmm never received it???? I am sure you did but I have never been able to see anything from you. Wife could of deleted it because all of the junk mail. I have been trying to beat her to it and must have missed it. What is your Name does it come up as AcousticaGreg? maybe i am looking for the wrong name.

Any ways hate to be a bother but could you send me your Address here and a breif discription on how to send you the music file? I will send it to you ASAP,I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Using Hotmail, just click the Attach button and then browse to the location of your sound file to select it for attachment.

Email the sound to support (at) acoustica (dot) com. I'm spelling it out like that to hopefully avoid some spammers.

Greg