I am still impressed........

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

electra225

I am still impressed........

Post by electra225 »

I have had Spin-it-again for a year this month. I am still impressed. I have over 200 albums on CD, along with 200 cassette tapes and untold open reel tapes. Incredible results. Easy for me to operate. I am a computer "dunce" so that is saying a lot. Thus far, I have done LP"s, 45's, 78's, 16" transcription records, cassette tape, open reel tape, and eight track tape. Not much else left, is there?

The secret, I have found, besides your great software, and lots of memory in your computer, is the stereo cartridge. That is the single most important component that the user of the software can provide. All the rest is along for the ride. I would also heartily recommend staying away from USB turntables. They cannot process the analog signal adequately. Not enough amplification . I have four different turntables that I use, depending upon what type record I am playing. You need to play the record on a real turntable with the best cartridge you can afford, keep the stylus in better than good condition, and use a stereo receiver or amp with a pre-amp section in it. Laptops can be a problem unless they are specially built or modified for stereo input and output. After the record is played and processed by Spin-it-again, I load it on Windows Media Player. I can then make a CD, listen to the music on my computer, or play it on the computer and feed the signal to my home broadcaster and listen to it on my antique radios. This is more fun than open reel tape was in the '50's and '60's.

My only concern is that sometimes the Level Wizard fails to set the recording input level high enough. This causes the software to not "see" where to put track markers. That is really no big deal, because they are easy enough to change. Experience tells me where the level should be and I simply "cheat" and tweak it after Level Wizard sets it, if necessary. This is part of the reason I had such a problem with USB turntable. Simply not enough amplification in some circumstances. My Pioneer SX-1050 receiver solved that problem.

Thank you for your great product. I am having a ball..............GREG
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: I am still impressed........

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Thanks for posting, we are glad to hear you are loving Spin It Again!