Drag n Drop doesn't work (from Win Explorer window)

Post your support questions and/or give feedback for Acoustica MP3 CD Burner in this forum.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: Drag n Drop doesn't work (from Win Explorer window)

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Windows 7 user control is overly paranoid, it warns you of every little move you make. I don't think I know a single person, techie or not, that hasn't shut it off.
However, it's your call, not mine.
Mp3 CD Burner is not technically Windows 7 certified because windows user account control doesn't "know" about it specifically. But I have hundreds of programs installed that aren't technically "certified" for win7, yet work fine. Stuff I have been using for 10 years, I can't just let go of it because Bill Gates didn't personally check it out, right?

If you are uncomfortable with it, try it on the next higher setting.
paulzak

Post by paulzak »

Rhetorically speaking... why does MS have a check box to "Run as Admin" that doesn't actually do that? (I've run it on my Admin account and I don't get the UAC warning and drag and drop works just fine!) I recall when Win 7 came out and techies were mad about the annoying UAC...lots of posts back then. Hopefully in a future version (Win 8?) there'll be a black list feature or some way to exclude certain apps in the UAC.

We'll, I guess this is now solved.
Thanks for the input.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I never think twice about uac because it's the first thing that gets disabled on any computer I own or work on. I agree there should be a way to add programs to a safe list, but that would defeat the purpose of an ms official compatibility list and security settings relating to it.