turntable to laptop

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

stoo

turntable to laptop

Post by stoo »

I"m sorry for the delay, but i've had healthnissues, better now. Last time I equested info,to connect my old Amp to my laptop You gave some options but I lost them.One was a rca to some type of card reader,Is it possible to get that data again, or can I odre it w/ your software? Thank you for your time.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Re: turntable to laptop

Post by Acoustica Eric »

We don't sell hardware, just the software. You can connect a turn table many different ways.
1. If it's a usb turn table, plug it into a usb port on your computer, that's it.
2. If it is an analog turn table, get an adapter that goes from the two RCA output cables on the turn table, to a single STEREO 1/8 inch male plug. Plug that into your computers line in jack.
3. If you are using a laptop, which generally they don't have a line in, get an audio interface that will allow you to connect your analog RCA turn table to the interface, and then the interface connects to the pc via usb
kcblair

Post by kcblair »

I recently started using my older Dell 1525 Inspiron Laptop with SIA. I'm using a analog TT, (no PreAmp) plugging the RCA to 1/8" cable into the "mic" input of the laptop. The TT is grounded to the laptop. The laptop is using MS Vista. To get the recording levels up, the mic properties has a "mic booster" slider. I just bump it up to +20 and manually adjust the record level in SIA. Then using the "no pre amp blues" function I finish my recording into wav files. Quality seems to match LP conversions made using my stereo amp (which has TT inputs) and using my desktop. I guess what's important, is that the mic properties of the laptop can be boosted.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yes the mic boost is a preamp. However, microphone jacks are mono, so your recording will also be mono.