Edioral Orchestral

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Sprittles

Edioral Orchestral

Post by Sprittles »

Edioral Orchestral keeps crashing an instrument at a time or the whole Mixcraft program itself.

It's a vst program that people use on FL studio, Logic, and pretty much every program, but sadly when used with Mixcraft 6 it crashes.

It would amazing if a fix would be found. Edioral + Mixcraft would equal perfection if this bug is fixed.

Any questions just email me at Sprittles@gmail.com for samples of the program.

Thanks.
chibear

Re: Edioral Orchestral

Post by chibear »

Awhile back I was looking around for Edioral when I was looking for an orchestra VSTi. It appears legal versions have disappeared and the only place I could find a download were the pirate sites, most of which sent Kaspersky screaming and running away.

I went to the Roland site and did a search. They no longer offer the product or manuals. Searching deeper, I found the support page. The last update offered was 2004.

You might want to consider moving on to more current orchestra VSTis that are still supported by their creator. There are several good threads on the subject if you search this board and the 'plugin' board, OR start a new thread on the subject and we can all see what new surfaces ;)
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Sprittles

Post by Sprittles »

True its a little older, but the quality is easily some of the best around with the exception of "East West.

Ediorol works fine with every other program, I just don't want to have to switch to another program to do orchestrated things and (the many others I got to using it as well) just because one plugin gets bugged on Mixcraft.

If an Employee who can fix it requests the files I can send them over. I'm hoping its a minor problem, but as far as orchestrated sounds Edioral and Mixcraft would be simply amazing.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Please send us your mixcraft-log.txt file, which is located in this folder:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft

Another way to find it is to click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then Acoustica Mixcraft 6 (or 5) and finally Logs. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Here's a video on finding your log file.

Greg
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Sprittles wrote:True its a little older, but the quality is easily some of the best around with the exception of "East West.
Have you actually tried the Mixcraft orchestral instruments? I've tried Edirol and found it to be inferior to the Mixcraft offerings, or maybe your ears tell you different.
Sprittles

Post by Sprittles »

Mixcraft's quality is not bad, as I've pushed it to the limits. But it lacks in good sounding Tremelo strings, all of the Brass sound very low compared to the strings.

strings spiccato by Ediorol is a very nice plus and just far more instruments.
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

I'm not sure what you mean by 'tremelo strings', that would surely be an artificial effect not present in a real orchestra, and anyway, tremelo can be added with a plugin effect.

When you say the brass sounds low, do you mean in loudness? It may be possible to adjust the loudness by accessing the source of the sound, such as the synthesizer. If that's not possible then an inserted VST such as a pre-amp or equalizer can be used to increase the loudness. The equalizer can also be adjusted to make the instrument sound more authentic, I do that all the time.
Last edited by Ianpb on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arpeggio

Post by Arpeggio »

Where's the website for Edioral Orchestral? And do they have demos of it?
"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." -- J.S. Bach
http://soundcloud.com/arpeggio-2/
Arpeggio

Post by Arpeggio »

Ianpb wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by 'tremelo strings', that would surely be an artificial effect not present in a real orchestra, and anyway, tremelo can be added with a plugin effect.
Tremolo is a real thing that you can do with a stringed instrument. I believe it's done by moving the bow back and forth really fast.
Check this out
http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremolo
"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself." -- J.S. Bach
http://soundcloud.com/arpeggio-2/
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Arpeggio wrote:Where's the website for Edioral Orchestral? And do they have demos of it?
There is no website for it. As chibear pointed out, Edirol (correct spelling) Orchestra is no longer sold or supported, and the only means of obtaining it (at least online) is from pirate torrent sites.

EDIT: Here's one of many demonstrations from Youtube. Judge for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLOz-Y49h4k
Last edited by Ianpb on Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Arpeggio wrote:
Ianpb wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by 'tremelo strings', that would surely be an artificial effect not present in a real orchestra, and anyway, tremelo can be added with a plugin effect.
Tremolo is a real thing that you can do with a stringed instrument. I believe it's done by moving the bow back and forth really fast.
Sorry, I was only thinking in terms of a string ensemble. However, it may be worth your while trying a tremelo plugin for the strings you have in mind. I've not tried one so far so I can't really express an opinion on how effective it might be.
Sprittles

Post by Sprittles »

When I said Brass sounds low, I meant the quality. Compared to the strings, All the brass instruments sound very fake in Mixcraft.

The flues and winds in Mixcraft are simply amazing, but it lacks in a few departments where Ediorol surpasses.

I've pushed Mixcraft's instruments to the limits as you can find on my page http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadeLevora

But once a friend showed me what Ediorol can do, (With it done right) I was very excited to combine the two to make a realistic sounding orchestra.
chibear

Post by chibear »

OK I have to wade in here. First of all as a retired horn player I'm insulted by what Ederol passes off as a horn sound. As a matter of fact horn is the weakest brass in all the libraries I've listened to: VSL and EWQLSO are only OK. Garritan horns suck, Miroslav Philharmonic would be OK if they had recorded without vibrato. THe only decent horn sound I have heard is from the Kirk Hunter Studios.

As far as string sounds go, if you want 'real' then Miroslav Philharmonik is the place to go. If you want Epic and Flexible then EWQLSO, VSL, Kirk Hunter, Adagio Strings or any number of the Kotakt libraries are your choice.

@sprittles. IMO The sound of the stuff on your link trumps any of the Edirol examples I was able to find.

One more thing: Don't confuse the terms 'Epic' and 'Real' The Epic sound heard on most libraries today, especially EWQL are not real and I was driven crazy the latter part of my career by conductors who thought they could get that sound out of a live orchestra. That is not to say they are not good, musical sounds, just not 'real'. Maybe surreal would be a better description.

Real is just that: REAL and the only library that I mentioned that comes close to producing a REAL orchestra sound is Miroslav Philharmonik (soundcloud example in my signature). However I am still looking at other libraries because sometimes real is just not enough :)
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Well I guess that told everyone.
chibear

Post by chibear »

LOL Grumpy Old Musician as I was known by my colleagues. You should have heard some of my private conversations with certain 'composers' back in the day.
Soundcloud YouTube