itunes

Discuss the easiest dj mixing software on the planet. :) Well, we think it is..so there. :)

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric

sunshine-daydreams

itunes

Post by sunshine-daydreams »

I've loaded just about all my cd's into itunes. Is there a way to import these songs into DJ Twist & Burn?
Thanks,
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

DJ Twist and Burn should just find the songs on your hard drive when you scan your hard drive for songs, assuming these are MP3 files. If you made them into M4P files, you can't use them in DJ Twist & Burn.

Greg
G.Love

Post by G.Love »

D'oh.I would buy this software if I could import my songs,which are all in itunes format(mp4 I think)......Will there be an update to support these types of files???
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

We're probably never going to make software that supports Apple's proprietary copy-protected audio file format. There's a chance we could make software that supports the un-protected AAC format, but that would require us to pay a licensing fee, so we're not rushing on that one.

Greg
G.Love

Post by G.Love »

Hi Greg,
Thanks for your prompt reply.Yeah,I put all 270 of my cds into itunes to use on my ipod.The apple or acc or m4p encoding sounds great, but unfortunately not compatable with some things(those mac and pc commercials are hilarious).
Call it laziness but I was hoping to use the tunes already on my hard drive.I'm sure twist and burn will allow me to rip songs off my cd's to use for mixing and burning.I'll download a trial and check it out.Thanks again.G. 8)
G.Love

Post by G.Love »

A follow up note for anyone who's interested.I figured out how to convert acc files to mp3 files right inside iTunes.Edit>Preferences>Importing>choose the mp3 encoder.Now go to your library and for the songs you want to convert,right click,then click"convert selection to mp3".It converts pretty quick and keeps your original acc file as well as creates a new mp3 file.Then you can use your mp3 files in DJ Twist & Burn.Cheers,G. 8)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize you had that option in iTunes.

Of course, that only works for AAC files that you didn't purchase from iTunes.

Greg