Computer locks up if I turn of the voice

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

mightyoakbob

Computer locks up if I turn of the voice

Post by mightyoakbob »

I decided that I didn' need the voice advising me any longer and switched it off. After that, the computer just locked up and wouldn't kill the software or shut down, I had to pull the power out to release it.

I then booted up again and ran SIA and quickly turned the voice back on and all was well. Two days later I tried again and again it killed the whole machine, needing the power cord removed.

Any suggestions?

Bob.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Computer locks up if I turn of the voice

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What happens if you just leave the voice off?

Greg
mightyoakbob

Post by mightyoakbob »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

What happens if you just leave the voice off?

Greg
Hi Greg,

If you turn the voice off you lock the machine up. After pulling the power cord out, if you run SIA everything is fine until you try to record and then the machine locks up again, requiring the power cord to be removed. Never seen a computer lock up so hard before.

Bob.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Click on Settings and look at the Audio tab. What do you have selected as your Playback Device? If you have "Default Wave Device" selected, try switching to your actual audio driver. It might have the word "Speakers" in it.

The same goes for recording. Click on the Level Wizard and check that you have the correct settings for the recording device and the recording source.

Greg