editing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

kiran

editing

Post by kiran »

Hi Now a days i am producing songs with mixcraft and i have a problem of editing. I need to enlarge a particular part of the track for some reason. I am not able to do that. Please see the attached file.
Also if i play a certain music in one track and i want to copy a part on some other vst track how can i do it in perfect alignment?
A file is attached
Attachments
how to enlarge this track.PNG
how to enlarge this track.PNG (6.22 KiB) Viewed 4252 times
I appreciate software makers.
I would like to see them on this site.Show us photos for real appreciation.
UilleannB

Re: editing

Post by UilleannB »

kiran wrote:Hi Now a days i am producing songs with mixcraft and i have a problem of editing. I need to enlarge a particular part of the track for some reason. I am not able to do that. Please see the attached file.
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. You have several takes in this track, do you want to join them? Then you select a track and click right mouse button to join the takes (or ctrl+w), and delete empty takes afterwards the same way (or press Alt+k).
Or do you just need to magnify the track? Then just look at the left side, where your instruments are listed, click on the lower line of the instrument's pannel and draw it downwards (like resizing a window). Will enlarge the track too.
kiran wrote:Also if i play a certain music in one track and i want to copy a part on some other vst track how can i do it in perfect alignment?
You could select a clip by clicking and move it with pressed mouse button to left and right. At least I do it that way, as well as individually correcting certain notes by hand/ mouse.
kiran

Post by kiran »

1) Hi suppose I play a track with a vsti and i need to copy that on other track so that i could play the same notes with a different vst instrument. While doing this the notes do not get correctly aligned to the first track so i have to do trial and error to align them with the first vsti. How can i do it correctly in one go?
2) I want to enlarge the track vertically so that i could see the notes (WAVE )in a better way to edit or cut.
Am i tellin correctly now? Please help
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hi!

1) When you duplicate the track, have snapping turned on and it will easily align.

2) Click on the top part of the track and hit cntrl K - this will normalise the wave height.

Hope this helps!
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

kiran wrote:1) Hi suppose I play a track with a vsti and i need to copy that on other track so that i could play the same notes with a different vst instrument. While doing this the notes do not get correctly aligned to the first track so i have to do trial and error to align them with the first vsti. How can i do it correctly in one go?
2) I want to enlarge the track vertically so that i could see the notes (WAVE )in a better way to edit or cut.
Am i tellin correctly now? Please help

1) you could just copy and past into the new track. Also, if you have already generated an instrument clip in the other vsi's track, and you copy just a selection of notes, it shows you with a blue rectangle, where this copied part belongs to in the other track (at least, Mixcraft Pro Studio 6, which I have, does - don't know about other versions)

2) Yes. You really can just grab the lower line in the instruments pannel at the left screen side and pull it dwon like resizing a window.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Theres at least three ways to do anything it seems!

Another simple way to duplicate a VSTi track and change instrument in MC6:

On the track you wish to duplicate, right click on the header at the left side ( The area near piano keys or whatever) and select "duplicate track." Right click in the same area of the new track and select "Change instrument."
The select instrument window will open and it should be clear from there!

On the other question, its not clear whether you want to resize the track height, or zoom in, or both. But heres what I sometimes do for fine editing of audio tracks:

Raise the height of the track as needed to see the wave form as in the method UilleannB provides above. Select the area to be worked on as you would for looping a section. (one easy way is to go to an unused track and click on the desired start point, drag to the desired end part to highlight the desired area and click on the loop button in the transport bar area.) Now zoom in until the selected area fills the track screen.
From there I might select a spot to split as an example. You can use the snap function and settings to aid you if the area is on a beat, or you can turn it off if you need to.
I might insert splits and create an area to delete and replace, copy and move, shift slightly for timing, any number of things. Then merge back together..... Its called cheating and I love it!
Are we helping any at all here, or misunderstanding you?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
kiran

Post by kiran »

Duplicating and changing the instrument really works. I will do some more trials and let you know.
If i am not able to do what i need i will do a short video and show you.
Very nice of you
kiran

Post by kiran »

Hi
Ok i will explain you. I have done it as you said and it is fine now.
Why i was in difficulty is i am used to presonus studio one 2.5 model and in that if you need to duplicate a small portion of a track then i have to just select that and pressing the alt key drag it down to the next track it is that simple. I use both the the mixcraft and studio one for different reasons for each
Thanks a lot :D