Recording Level Decrease

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Tommy45

Recording Level Decrease

Post by Tommy45 »

:?: I last transferred some of my 45s about a month ago and every aspect was working fine. No settings or equipment were changed when I started to transfer again. A month ago, upon using the Level Wizard to set my recording level, the "bars" (in 95% of the cases) would hit the "red zone" and the slide would back off to about 70%-80% of the start position.
Now the level never reaches the "red zone" and the slide never moves from the starting far right end position. Often the Level Wizard will not even recognize any audio. I would think that my sound card (purhcased and installed about three years ago) is working properly as there is no change in my audio listening while burning and listening to CDs. I have cleaned the connection ports and even used a different receiver. I even downloaded SpinItAgain again from Acoustica's web-site.
Can the RCA plugs/1/8" stereo mini cord cable degrade over time? I've been using the same cable for about 7 years.
If not the cable, what else could have changed the performance of the Level Wizard?

Thanks In Advance To Those Who Reply,
Tommy
Acoustica Greg

Re: Recording Level Decrease

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What do you have selected for the Soundcard and Source settings in the level wizard?

Greg
Tommy45

Post by Tommy45 »

Soundcard: Sound Blaster X-FiXtreme Audio

Source: Line-In
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

It's highly unlikely that the cable has degraded. More likely would be that the input level on the sound card was reduced by something or someone.
Just open windows sound properties and look for the input you are using and turn it up.