typing in EW Symphonic Choirs

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mickomoo

typing in EW Symphonic Choirs

Post by mickomoo »

I have a phonetic wordbulider vst from EWQL, which takes typed syllables and sings them aloud. Ive gotten the application to work in mixcraft, however I can only sing pre rendered phrases, as I am not permitted to type in anything into the application when its run as a plug in. This seems like a pretty small issue, is there any way I can get mixcraft to allow me to type into the plugin?
pim909

Re: typing in mixcraft

Post by pim909 »

I have the same problem in amplitube. I can't type anything when naming a preset withing amplitube.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I was able to reproduce this with Amplitube 3 and have submitted a bug report on it, the developers will take a look.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

oh hey mickomoo

hmm, you can't type anything?

That's unusual. What build are you running right now?
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Wow, are you using the phonetic word builder with EW Symphonic Choirs? Does this work with Mixcraft (besides of the issue you mentioned)? I hadn't heard about this plug-in since your post here, I need this! (Dear Santa, would you kindly ...)
mickomoo

Post by mickomoo »

@UilleannB: Yeah I'm pleased as pie, the wordbuilder works with ease all I did was run it out of Play, no problem... except I cant type anything. But that that seems easy to fix, hopefully at least.

@Anorax: hey dude! Its build 201 of mixcraft 6. I think whats going on is that some keys are assigned to shortcuts and typing results in those keys being pressed. Like r activates recording of an armed or highlighted track for example
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

mickomoo wrote:@UilleannB: Yeah I'm pleased as pie, the wordbuilder works with ease all I did was run it out of Play, no problem... except I cant type anything. But that that seems easy to fix, hopefully at least.

@Anorax: hey dude! Its build 201 of mixcraft 6. I think whats going on is that some keys are assigned to shortcuts and typing results in those keys being pressed. Like r activates recording of an armed or highlighted track for example
huh, I didn't think keyboard shortcuts were enabled when the window focus was on a VST GUI. Maybe it is though...

It could just be wordbuilder, but then again I don't have many VSTi's lying around that require me to type into them...
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Hi all,

Thanks for pointing this out. We've fixed this for AmpliTube (and hopefully other effects) in the next Mixcraft 6 update, which will be out in a matter of days. Thanks for reporting this, and please let us know if there are still problems.

Thanks!
Dan
mickomoo

Post by mickomoo »

Is 204 the new build? If so it seems the issue is still persisting with the wordbuilder. Is there a way to simply disable keyboard shortcuts, they seem to still be active when I have the plugin running...
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, build 204 had a fix for a similar problem with plugins.

What product do you have, exactly? Symphonic Choirs? Which version do you have?

Greg
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

I'm curious too.
I ordered EW Symphonic Choirs, but it hasn't arrived yet.
Has the newest Mixcraft build update fixed this issue?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

It has for plugins we've tested, let us know if you find an issue with the new plugin from EW
mickomoo

Post by mickomoo »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Hi,

Yes, build 204 had a fix for a similar problem with plugins.

What product do you have, exactly? Symphonic Choirs? Which version do you have?

Greg
Symphonic Choirs, running on play version 3.0.37 There's an update I'll try later tonight, but the only change is increased compatibility for Hollywood woodwinds, a product I don't own. I'll see if it works though.

edit: The update doesn't seem to change anything it seems...

double edit: Sorry about this, I don't know if I should make a separate topic for this, but now whenever I arm a track for recording, any EWQL Play plugin fails to detect my keyboard. The keyboard functions before the track is arm'd. Furthermore once this happens, the keyboard can no longer be detected by any vst or plugin on that track.
Acoustica Dan
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Dan »

Perhaps you're armed for a specific device or MIDI channel. Click the little arrow next to the ARM button and see what the channel is set to.

Dan
mickomoo

Post by mickomoo »

The plug-ins are all set to omni. But I noticed the midi tab in the EWQL Play settings is faded out, as if there were no controller or keyboard plugged in. But this is a separate issue from the one that prompted the topic. If it persists I'll make a topic for it

edit: the side issue of the undetected keyboard was only happening in traks of a specific file. New projects and others work fine. But back on topic, I'm still having the issue with symphonic chiors, or rather the Play plug in itself