Mixcraft Live

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Studio 919

Mixcraft Live

Post by Studio 919 »

I have a couple questions about the Terms and Conditions for Mixcraft Live. Is that something I ask here? Or, do I need to join the Mixcraft Live forum and ask there?
No matter where you go, there you are.

Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft Live

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What's your question?

Greg
Studio 919

Post by Studio 919 »

Under the "Your Content" heading, the last sentence states, "By submitting sound recordings or musical compositions or other audio and/or audio-visual content to us, you grant us, our affiliates, and our business partners a worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to:
publicly perform, publicly display, broadcast, encode, edit, alter, modify, reproduce, transmit, manufacture, distribute, (and so on).

This sounds to me that if I post a song to Mixcraft Live that I have given up all of my rights (and possibly copyright rights) and that "Mixcraft" can basically do whatever they want to do with my recording.

Am I missing something?
No matter where you go, there you are.

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You still own your audio creation. Those terms are just there so that somebody won't try to charge us for having their streaming audio on MixcraftLive. That's the whole point of MixcraftLive; it's a place you can stream your Mixcraft creations for all to hear. The only thing we've done with people's recordings is make the "Mixcraft Live Hot 5." We're not going to try to sell them on iTunes or whatever. Services like SoundCloud have similar terms of use.

Greg