BEATCRAFT FOR MAC???

Support and feedback for Beatcraft.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

ddisindhouse

BEATCRAFT FOR MAC???

Post by ddisindhouse »

im gettin a mac cuz its better for music, but i need beatcraft for mac, anyway i can get it?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I am sorry, we do not have any mac compatible products at this time.
ddisindhouse

Re: re

Post by ddisindhouse »

Acoustica Eric wrote:I am sorry, we do not have any mac compatible products at this time.
is there any type of software out there where you can convert windows products to mac? cuz im gettin my studio with a mac. im also thinkin of havin 2 computers but is there any other software that can covert the platform
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Not that I know of, I think you are going to find that pc software is much easier to come by than mac software.
MikeD1214

Your Fine.

Post by MikeD1214 »

I am also switching to mac soon.

BOOTCAMP.

Thats a well running mac program that enables you to run all windows programs(it even improves some PC programs)

If you get a high end mac boot camp comes installed, if you get one of the lower end macbooks your probably just going to have to buy bootcamp which I believe is somewhere in the range of 100-200 dollars
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Yep, i've heard good things about bootcamp, and there's another one that is similar that a lot of mac techies swear by, I can't remember the name (i know, thanks a lot right :-)
MikeD1214

:D

Post by MikeD1214 »

Before I made my decision to switch, Acoustica was a HUGE factor. I love the products acoustica makes...and when I found bootcamp, it was a very happy moment lol.

Goodluck in your quest my friend!
revolutionaction

Post by revolutionaction »

I would like to add in the suggestion for native support for beatcraft in Linux. There are ways to emulate it (same kind of thing the guy above is talking about) but native support would be ideal.

And in response to the Mac questions, Eric, I believe the program you're thinking of is Parallels(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallels_Desktop_for_Mac)

I've also heard alot of good things from VMware(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vmware. it has linux, windows and mac support.
istlota

Post by istlota »

I, too, have recently migrated to a MAC. The move was more or less mandatory. I wanted to use Ableton Live software for its live looper capabilities and to use VSTs and none of my PCs came even close to being able to handle the CPU load. A Mac Mini, at only $599, was by far the cheapest solution to my problem.

Alas, my fav beat making software, Beatcraft, does not have a MAC version. At some point this week, I will be trying out the various options for trying to run Beatcraft on MAC OS 10.5 [Leopard]. If no one objects, I will post my experiences later.
istlota

Post by istlota »

My research into solutions to fake out MAC OS 10.5 Leopard into running Beatcraft were not encouraging.

Most of the available solutions [Apple Boot Camp, Parallels Desktop, and VMWare Fusion] require you to install Windows on your MAC's hard disk, which is not something I want to do.

I downloaded the demo of CodeWeaver's Crossover software, which does not require Windows to be installed, and was able to install it on my Mac Mini running Leopard (10.5). And, afterwards, I was able to install BeatCraft, sort of, by using CrossOver's "Unsupported Software" feature. But, right after I typed in the SN to register BeatCraft, it hung up. I used the "Force Install Completion" feature to break out of that. But, from there on, BeatCreaft would crash within a few seconds after booting it up.
istlota

Re:

Post by istlota »

istlota wrote:I, too, have recently migrated to a MAC. The move was more or less mandatory. I wanted to use Ableton Live software for its live looper capabilities and to use VSTs and none of my PCs came even close to being able to handle the CPU load. A Mac Mini, at only $599, was by far the cheapest solution to my problem.

Alas, my fav beat making software, Beatcraft, does not have a MAC version. At some point this week, I will be trying out the various options for trying to run Beatcraft on MAC OS 10.5 [Leopard]. If no one objects, I will post my experiences later.
Okay ... years later and after becoming homeless and then going thru, and recovering from, open heart surgery, I am now putting my life back together. I am disappointed to see that even now, years later, Acoustica still has not come out with a BeatCraft solution for us MAC heads. Apparently, that is not a priority in their business plan.

So, here is the deal. I did come up with a way to use Ableton Live's Simpler [their low end sampler] to sample BeatCraft's OGG files and then create your own custom kits which are more extensive, sound better, and are cheaper than buying Ableton's Drum Sessions for $129:

http://www.ableton.com/library/session-drums/

Here is the deal. I want to be fair to Acoustica because, since the OGG files can be obtained from the demo version of Beatcraft, someone could actually do this without registering BeatCraft. But, we MAC users should not have to be shut out from using BeatCraft's excellent product. So, could someone from Acoustica reply and let me know if it is okay, and where, to upload a document explaining how to integrate BeatCraft's OGG samples into Ableton Live?

It is time-consuming to do this. But, when you are done, the beats will then be 100% integrated into Ableton so you can use them with any of Ableton Live's extensive tools.

I would heartily recommend to Acoustica that they talk to Ableton about selling an ALP [Ableton Live Pack] version of what I have done which would save MAC users like me a _lot_ of time setting the whole thing up manually.

Let me know Acoustica.

Istlota
mayawilfred10

Re: BEATCRAFT FOR MAC???

Post by mayawilfred10 »

I hope they can qualify this as a request for those who loves Mac. :)

-Maya power nap
music is life