Mixcraft soundcard

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ktyso9

Mixcraft soundcard

Post by ktyso9 »

Getting sound delays when recording on mixcraft using windows xp and the inbuilt soundcard. Will upgrading to an Audigy soundcard help? Someone suggested anti-virus programs may contribute. Is this true?
G.Love

Post by G.Love »

Hi,someone more experienced may be able to give you a better answer,but I'm guessing you're in ASIO mode.Try turning off the monitor while recording option.Hope this helps,G.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

don't know if this helps (i'm on vista) but log off the internet while recording & turning off your antivirus & firewall ( i have avast) seems to help plus download this (it's free) http://www.asio4all.com/ and adjust your buffer sizes. hope that works for you. p.s. advice DO NOT upgrade to vista @ this time - if ya think ya got problems now ..... .
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

ASIO should help with that lag, but check if your sound card has it's own ASIO drivers before you to to ASIO4ALL. (File Menu > Preferences > Sound Device).

You can also try reducing the number and size of your buffers.

Greg
Shiny

Post by Shiny »

I've been trying to lay down a couple of rhythm section tracks in mixcraft 2.51 build 55 and when I say the tracks aren't in sync, I mean it. The bass track starts at the same time as the drum tracks but it is way faster and ends at least 10 seconds before the drum track. The song is 4 min and 10 seconds in length.
I've tried adjusting the number and size of buffers, the sample rate and bit depth. My drivers are ASIO and I've tried updating and none of that helps. I only just bought mixcraft last summer and have only used it a couple of times for recording my vinyls onto CD for which it works great but I don't know if I should upgrade to mixcraft 3 or purchase one of the full versions of the software that came with my external soundcard. (M-Audio).
Ever'y body got to deviate from the norm
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft 2 doesn't support ASIO.

Try Mixcraft 3 for free, and use your ASIO drivers and see how ti goes.

The upgrade is $19.95 if you own version 2.

Greg
Shiny

Post by Shiny »

Hey thanks for the swift reply. I will try Version 3 and if it works ok 20 bucks is a pretty decent price. Overall I think mixcraft is a pretty good bang for the buck and you're support seems to outdo the big companies hands down. Thanks again.
Ever'y body got to deviate from the norm
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

it kicks azz for the msrp- much less the $20 - just my 2 cents worth (even i can use it lmao)