PLEA, I NEED HELP BADDDDDD

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

ineedhelp

Re: PLEA, I NEED HELP BADDDDDD

Post by ineedhelp »

that probably didn't make much sense. what i mean is that there is only the info of the tracks there. like the instrument, the volume and the pan feature. but to the right of all that, there is just an open space, like nothing has been recorded yet. the entire loop that my friend made is gone. :( any suggestions?
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

Do you mean that he sent you the project, you opened it, and there are no loops?

If so, he also has to send you all the recordings. Like I wrote earlier, a good way to collaborate like that is to use the File>Copy Project Files To>Zip File. Upload the zip file to dropbox.com or similar service and share the link via email rather than the entire (probably large) zip file.

The Mixcraft project file itself does not contain any audio files - it only references the audio files on your computer, thus the need to use the "Copy Project Files" feature.
*Vibrant Audio*
ineedhelp

Post by ineedhelp »

Thanks soooooo much. last problem though.i dont think anyone else has had this problem because couldn't find any other stories like this. but, my hi-hat always sounds open on mixcraft. even when i close the pedal, it sounds open. its a problem with mixcraft though because when i unplug my headphones from the computer and into my set it sounds fine.
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

On page 33 of the Alesis DM8 Operator's manual, you can see how to change some of the settings for the hi-hat.

Try changing HiHat to NOTE ONLY and see if that fixes the issue.
*Vibrant Audio*
ineedhelp

Post by ineedhelp »

So i have that problem when recording drums where some notes come up really tiny and you cant hear them. im told to quantatize it, but when i do, i greatly effects the timing of the drums. can i make the notes bigger without changing the timing
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

You're duplicating you questions...

I've replied to the same question under the title "Pleas, one last problem"
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member

Dell 3050 SFF; i3; 8 gig RAM; Mixcraft 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro Studio; Win 11 Pro

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

- Open a loop in the sound tab
- Press the Midi Editing button and choose Durations or on the Menu Bar go to Sound>Midi Editing>Durations
- Choose Force To: 1/32 Notes
- Press OK

All of your notes will now be large enough to edit more easily and the timing won't be affected.

You can adjust Velocity (volume) in the same way. Just choose Velocities instead of Durations and adjust the volume there.
*Vibrant Audio*
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Vibrant Audio wrote:- Open a loop in the sound tab
- Press the Midi Editing button and choose Durations or on the Menu Bar go to Sound>Midi Editing>Durations
- Choose Force To: 1/32 Notes
- Press OK

All of your notes will now be large enough to edit more easily and the timing won't be affected.

You can adjust Velocity (volume) in the same way. Just choose Velocities instead of Durations and adjust the volume there.
Score! Good advise as always.
I was going to give the same tip, but for some reason got tied up reading the four other threads on this question.......

I am thinking that in some similar cases, one could also select just the notes that were "too small" or lacked sufficient velocity data via the "select by velocity" and/or "select by duration" functions and boost just the weaker notes.

But the question remains, why cant he just get the instrument to track usefully, without the need to edit the entire performance? There should be a way to boost the instruments output as interpreted by Midi. Nothing in the instrument documentation?
Seems thats not too much to ask, but then the more I mess with Midi the more frustrated I get. It kills my creative buzz with regularity.

I dont know why one would quantize for this problem, but for the record, if you find the need to quantize, you dont have to quantize to 100% strength. There are parameters to possibly tweak.......

But while we are on the general subject, a question. Could anyone explain the "soloize" function to me? What does that do?
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Vibrant Audio

Post by Vibrant Audio »

mbliss wrote:But the question remains, why cant he just get the instrument to track usefully, without the need to edit the entire performance? There should be a way to boost the instruments output as interpreted by Midi. Nothing in the instrument documentation?
On the message boards, it's always hard to tell what if anything the player might be doing that is affecting the issue.
mbliss wrote:...Could anyone explain the "soloize" function to me? What does that do?
Soloize is a function that automatically changes note start times and durations so that only one note plays at a time, without having to edit individual notes one at a time.

A good example of it's use is when a keyboard player "plays in" a midi part for a wind instrument (which in real life can only sound one note at a time) and has some overlapping notes. The player can go back to the clip and "soloize" it, to force only one note sounding at a time.
*Vibrant Audio*
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

On the message boards, it's always hard to tell what if anything the player might be doing that is affecting the issue.
Yes indeed!
Soloize is a function that automatically changes note start times and durations so that only one note plays at a time, without having to edit individual notes one at a time.
Got it! Thanks!
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
skowog

Post by skowog »

I'd thought that I would mention that I have had the same problem with the tiny little notes from my e-drums not registering on mixcraft. I read all the forum responses and applied them, and they didn't really work. The advice was useful, in diagnosing the problem, unfortunately the best I could come up with after following all the advice was that only some notes played on the drum registered as hits. The beats were completely irregular and a groove was impossible.

I am pleased to say that I found a better solution. I wondered if there were drum plugins out there that might work better because of the comment on this post mentioning EZ Drummer. I don't have EZ Drummer money, but that got me looking for something else that might work. I tried the free version of MT Pwer Drum Kit 2 (http://www.powerdrumkit.com/) and it worked like a charm the first time! All my hits registered loud and clear. The full version is cheap, $50, and they sound great! If you don't like the sounds, it has a midi export function that will allow you to drag the sound clip onto another track and choose another VST drum kit or midi intrument. You can easily change to the Mixcraft studio drums or anything else you choose.