asio settings

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

gypsy101

asio settings

Post by gypsy101 »

i'm new to all this asio stuff. i have asio4all and the question is ... can you adjust buffer size & latency settings while a song is playing? when i do it shuts down the hda device & i have to close mc3 & start again. i haven't found an answer from their forum - anyone here know about this ?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Only that asio4all is a generic driver meant for cards that do not have native support.
You are better off using a card with it's own asio drivers.
leighm

Re: asio settings

Post by leighm »

gypsy101 wrote:i'm new to all this asio stuff. i have asio4all and the question is ... can you adjust buffer size & latency settings while a song is playing? when i do it shuts down the hda device & i have to close mc3 & start again. i haven't found an answer from their forum - anyone here know about this ?
ASIO4ALL suggests that any preferences be changed through the software doing the recording's control panel, not the stand-alone controls they provide... In Mixcraft's case, the preference panel, therefore the asio settings are unavailable while recording.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

thats what i did but it was not during recording- it was during playback. i finally got it set right and killed the latency issues i was having,but thanx for clearing that up. my settings are 176 samples in & out and the buffer size is 208 (works for my system).
leighm

Post by leighm »

gypsy101 wrote:thats what i did but it was not during recording- it was during playback. i finally got it set right and killed the latency issues i was having,but thanx for clearing that up. my settings are 176 samples in & out and the buffer size is 208 (works for my system).
I'm not doing much where latency is a big issue so after a while of futzing around with ASIO and not being able to resolve a random 'skipping' problem I went back to WAV files. My three year old computer might be feeling a bit... overtaxed...