Save as .WAV file or mp3?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

w1av

Save as .WAV file or mp3?

Post by w1av »

I have recorded a number of good quality songs with Mixcraft. The thing is I would rather save them as .wav files but when I do, they won't play on my car CD player or even some other cd players. When I save as .mp3, I burn them to CD using Itunes and that plays in all devices, home stereo and car cd player. I noticed when looking at the actual files on a commercial CD, the files are ".cda" which I think stands for "cd audio". However I have not tried saving files as .wav in Mixcraft AND then burning them to CD using Itunes. I tried to use Media player to do it. It will burn as .wav but cd wont play. Only mp3's will play....any advice????? w1av
EL34

Post by EL34 »

You take all your wav file songs and use a program like Nero or any other CD creating tool.

The program takes the wav's and creates a CD that will play in CD players.

I use Nero, someone else may have other suggestions on other ways to do this.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

Sometimes burning cd's is a little confusing. yes .cda is compact disk audio. Use a program like nero as el34 suggested, or even better, Acoustica MP3 CD Burner, and create an "audio" cd from the wav files, not a data cd. A data cd will not play on most normal audio players. IE: A car stereo can not read wav files, but only .cda files.

It sounds to me as though you created a data disk rather than an audio disk.

try out MP3 CD Burner here http://www.acoustica.com/download.htm
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Um, did you try burning them with Mixcraft 3? It makes standard audio CDs (the kind with .cda files).
leighm

Post by leighm »

Acoustica Greg wrote:Um, did you try burning them with Mixcraft 3? It makes standard audio CDs (the kind with .cda files).
No doubt! It's one of the thing I immediately checked out in Mixcraft 3 because the CD burning function never worked quite right with Mixcraft 2... Dunno why. I think Roxio interfered with it.

It works great! Custom transitions and more, all by laying the tracks out the way you want them to play, and burn.

I've removed Roxio from my computer entirely now (except for the drop'n drag), and using M3 exclusively.

FWIW, Roxio was a bear to completely remove. I had to hand wash the whole registry even after running a couple of different registry cleaners.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

That strikes me as odd because drag to disk was always what gave me the problems. It seems to always have the burner locked. But maybe they fixed that since i last tried it.
leighm

Re: re

Post by leighm »

Acoustica Eric wrote:That strikes me as odd because drag to disk was always what gave me the problems. It seems to always have the burner locked. But maybe they fixed that since i last tried it.
Actually, I tried installing the new version of Roxio's CD creator and it refused to recognize my cd drive, even after rummaging around their site for hotfixs and applying the one for 'problem CD drives'.

Nevertheless Mixcraft 3 is far more versatile, and once the user gets used to it, shouldn't take much longer than Roxio to set up a cd burn.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

re

Post by Acoustica Eric »

yes, it is quite easy to use. Track markers, burn....can't get much easier than that :-)