Sound Disappears

Support and feedback for Spin It Again.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan

Woko

Sound Disappears

Post by Woko »

I was merrily using SIA & had started a new recording when I realised I couldn't hear the record I was playing. (The Monitor box was ticked.) I also received a window from Microsoft telling me "Spin It Again - LP & Tape to CD archiving software has stopped working".

I've fiddled with Settings. I've uninstalled & reinstalled & uninstalled & downloaded & installed a free copy of SIA from Acoustica, all to no avail.

Next steps?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Sound Disappears

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Go into Spin It Again's Level Wizard and make sure you have the correct Soundcard setting selected.

Also go into your audio settings and make sure that you've got the correct Playback Device selected.

Greg
Woko

Post by Woko »

Thanks, Greg.

Correct sound card was selected (Realtek High Definition Audio) & I've also tried Default Wave Device.
Correct playback device was selected from Control Panel > Sound > Playback.

Some additional information:

As well as the amp within the GRTT2 play deck I was using a Kaiser Baas Music Maker pre-amp. I notice that the green light on this device is no longer operating & I'm getting a window on my computer screen saying "USB Device Not Recognized".

When I remove Music Maker & plug the play deck directly into the line in socket at the back of my computer I'm able to record & hear the music simultaneously. However, I'm hearing an echo of the music & the quality of the playback, while without echo, is not nearly as good when Music Maker is part of the process.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Spin It Again can only record the audio if it's coming into your computer. If the pre-amp isn't putting out sound, then that's your problem.

With the other configuration, what do you have selected for the Soundcard and Source setting in Spin It Again's Level Wizard?

Greg
Woko

Post by Woko »

Hi Greg

Soundcard: Realtek High Definition Audio.

Source: Realtek High Definition Audio.

I notice that the green light on the MusicMaker pre-amp is off. When I was able to record it was on. I strongly suspect the MusicMaker pre-amp is stuffed after just a few uses. I wonder if this is because it was overloaded due to using it in conjunction with the amp in the record player.
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

That might be, maybe try to record a different unit like a cassette player that doesn't need a preamp, this would test your theory.