Mixcraft effect similar to Audacity's "Amplify"?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

iladelf

Mixcraft effect similar to Audacity's "Amplify"?

Post by iladelf »

If I record something, and the level seems a bit low, I've always used the "Amplify" feature in Audacity to raise the relative "height" of the track that has been recorded, which makes the waveform appear larger (and therefore louder).

Is there a similar feature in Mixcraft? So far, I'm liking the trial version I'm using, but would really like to be able to do the same thing as Audacity does regarding "Amplify".

Thanks.
ukulele123

Post by ukulele123 »

Hi iladelf,

if I understand you right, than you can use a build in effekt of Mixcraft called "compressor" to achieve a similar result.

good luck

Jo
________
cloudy trichomes
Last edited by ukulele123 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

You just turn up the slider on that track.
You can get 200% gain by just the slider.

If 200% is not enough, you recorded the track level too low and it will not sound as full as a properly recorded level.
ukulele123

Post by ukulele123 »

stupid me :) of course EL34 is right
________
jailbroken
Last edited by ukulele123 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Compression can help "boost" a sound, too.

Be careful with turning up the volume too much, because you can introduce distortion.
gypsy101

Post by gypsy101 »

i've done this- compression to boost ( find your own preset), or limiter(just me) may help too, or boost the eq output.you can boost the output on all of the vst fx(presets are always hotter).- just don't get the level too "hot" - maybe boost the track you want, boost the other tracks too then drop the main vol to stay out of the red.
EL34

Post by EL34 »

Tracks sound very thin, at least guitar does, when the recording level was too low.

Boosting up a thin guitar signal is not the same as getting a good fat sounding signal the first time.

Just some observations I've had of getting levels correct or trying to fix them later.
iladelf

Post by iladelf »

Can I download images to posts here? I'd like to show you what I'm trying to do with Mixcraft, and show you how I'm doing it with Audacity. Then you can see exactly what I'm trying to do, and tell me how to do it!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, you can post images here if you have a place to host them. You probably don't need to post images, though, if you just explain what you're doing.

Greg