Pianissimo - Linux version?

Support and feedback for Pianissimo virtual grand piano software

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, rsaintjohn

delt

Pianissimo - Linux version?

Post by delt »

Hello, new user here from Montréal, Canada =)

I would simply like to know if a linux version of Acoustica Pianissimo VST is planned for the near to mid future. If so, i will certainly buy it.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Pianissimo - Linux version?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, we don't have a Linux version of the label maker planned, but you can probably run it on a Linux machine using WINE.

Greg
delt

Post by delt »

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Yes, running it in wine "soft of" works, but it's semi-functional and has some consistent bugs. With the latest version of wine, the standalone app crashes when trying to access the preferences/settings screen, and the VST from a native linux host (renoise in my case) stays hanging on the "loading sound data" screen - though in the windows version of renoise using wine it seems to work ok.

Just curious, what do you mean by "label marker"?
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm sorry, I was thinking of the wrong product when I replied for some reason. I meant "Pianissimo."

Pianissimo requires 250 megabytes of contiguous RAM when it loads or you can get that error about loading the sample data. Maybe that's what's going on? At any rate, it's definitely designed for Windows, so it's no surprise it works in the Windows version of renoise. Thank you for your feedback!

Greg
Femida

Pianissimo Linux ve

Post by Femida »

In the other thread the link for the linux version did not work..So I was wondering if anyone had the actual link? Please and thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Pianissimo Linux ve

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Femida wrote:In the other thread the link for the linux version did not work..So I was wondering if anyone had the actual link? Please and thanks.
We don't have Linux versions of our software. What link are you referring to? Most of our software requires Windows, so you'd have to run WINE to get it to work in a Linux computer.
KerwoodDerby

Post by KerwoodDerby »

Within Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on a 64-bit system, I successfully installed and ran the demo version of Pianissimo just now, using wine. It played MIDI files through my speakers and generated MP3 files. It seems fully functional.
AHornsby

Post by AHornsby »

I also had the Pianissimo trial version running in Linux Cinnamon 'Rosa' (in Wine) with no hang-ups. I had only used it for about an hour and the next time I got around to using it again, it was expired so, not a real thorough test. -h